TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

AudiConnect Disconnect

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2015, 04:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Well, I am embarrassed. I hadn't looked up-within the glovebox. Thanks again all.

Originally Posted by visuar
More specifically, in between the SD card slots on the MMI unit. It should have a label SIM above it.

Press the same card in a bit and it should pop out.
Old 11-24-2015, 03:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

btw: another "connect" type issue. I have a Classic iPod (2006) that worked fine in my allroad with the proprietary cable. However, in the TTS, with USB xface, the playlist/song selection works fine but there's no volume controllability, so I can't hear it. The iPod's own volume control is turned almost to full. Any suggestions?

Of course I can Bluetooth-stream or direct-connect my iPhone so not a big deal, but I still like things to work if possible.
Old 11-24-2015, 07:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Huey52
btw: another "connect" type issue. I have a Classic iPod (2006) that worked fine in my allroad with the proprietary cable. However, in the TTS, with USB xface, the playlist/song selection works fine but there's no volume controllability, so I can't hear it. The iPod's own volume control is turned almost to full. Any suggestions?

Of course I can Bluetooth-stream or direct-connect my iPhone so not a big deal, but I still like things to work if possible.

I know you can change the input volume for Bluetooth sources, I would assume you can do the same for the iPod. It's under sound settings in the MMI (if you need more specific instructions on where to find, I can look next time I'm in the car).
Old 11-24-2015, 08:02 AM
AudiWorld Super User

That worked Dave. Thanks very much for the assist.

Stating the obvious, but there sure are a lot of sub-menu's to wade thru. All part of the adventure. I pretty much now have everything customized.

Originally Posted by SD_Dave
I know you can change the input volume for Bluetooth sources, I would assume you can do the same for the iPod. It's under sound settings in the MMI (if you need more specific instructions on where to find, I can look next time I'm in the car).
Old 11-26-2015, 04:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

I'm not sure if this is where I should post this but anyway., So I used VCDS to make some chnages on 5F adaptations. I changed the Telephone from data only to language & data then the internal SIM use from " never" to "always" . When I did this I was able to make calls from the internal SIM but not from my phone connected through Bluetooth. I reversed the process after I tried it but then Audiconnect disappears from my MMI menu. After trying several failed attempts to restore Audiconnect, I went to the Dealer today. They came back and told me that Audiconnect disappeared from the menu because my free trial is over. Is this the case? I was told it'll cost 395 Euros to reconnect the service. Does this sound crazy to anyone or am I the crazy one?

BTW: I would post this in other places in the forum for a quick response.
Old 11-27-2015, 10:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Update to thread. Dealer performed a complete reset of the MMI system and repaired the SIM card. This was at the direction of Audi Corporate. They indicated that this is "unique" problem that they had not experienced before and that they are following my case.

That said, I have not had chance to test yet - I will post back if this fixes my issues.
Old 12-16-2015, 05:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by oswalde2000
I'm not sure if this is where I should post this but anyway., So I used VCDS to make some chnages on 5F adaptations. I changed the Telephone from data only to language & data then the internal SIM use from " never" to "always" . When I did this I was able to make calls from the internal SIM but not from my phone connected through Bluetooth. I reversed the process after I tried it but then Audiconnect disappears from my MMI menu. After trying several failed attempts to restore Audiconnect, I went to the Dealer today. They came back and told me that Audiconnect disappeared from the menu because my free trial is over. Is this the case? I was told it'll cost 395 Euros to reconnect the service. Does this sound crazy to anyone or am I the crazy one?

BTW: I would post this in other places in the forum for a quick response.
Did you use long coding helper, how did you see the bit channels?
Old 12-17-2015, 02:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Issues still present... back to the dealer...
Old 01-05-2016, 02:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Still troubleshooting. Dealer is replacing the mysterious "5f unit". I gather that is the MMI computer.
Old 01-05-2016, 03:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,065 Likes on 740 Posts

Originally Posted by SD_Dave
Still troubleshooting. Dealer is replacing the mysterious "5f unit". I gather that is the MMI computer.
Yep, that's the entire brain of the MMI, the whole head unit with CPU, disk, everything. They are basically putting in a brand new MMI unit.

Quick Reply: AudiConnect Disconnect