TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

AudiConnect Disconnect

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2016, 07:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last edited by SD_Dave; 04-21-2016 at 03:16 PM.
Old 01-22-2016, 12:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

*IF* you don't need USB data try a USB charging only cable. It's a cable without the data pairs hooked up (it's meant for not exposing your phone to "hacked" chargers).

I had to get this for my iPhone as the Apple podcast app fails to stream over USB to the TT for some reason. I didn't care as I can use bluetooth, but wanted to charge the phone. Hence, charging only cable.

I'm wondering if the car is trying to do the data connection over the USB when you plug it in, it shouldn't, but maybe there's an issue somewhere. Worth trying out a cable with no data pins (ie, the car wont know anything's plugged in at all).

Failing that I would raise the issue with Audi US.
Old 01-22-2016, 01:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

visuar: thanks.

Well... I guess I need to figure out where to get a "charge only" USB cable - never thought of that as a feature.

I have raised the issue with Audi USA, and am making videos so I can show them I am not insane. Booked in next Thursday for the 4th time...
Old 01-22-2016, 02:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by SD_Dave
Well... I guess I need to figure out where to get a "charge only" USB cable - never thought of that as a feature.
I got mine at amazon. If you search for charging only or no data you'll probably find one.

For Apple lightning cables it won't be official certified ones as those require data to be hooked up to pass Apple's certification.
Old 02-01-2016, 02:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

As an update - they say a bad SIM card. We will see... up to day 22 in the shop.
Old 02-03-2016, 01:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

As an update - they say a bad SIM card. We will see... up to day 22 in the shop.

Car returned, replaced SIM card. On way back to office, same problem. This is getting silly! But I still love my car...
Old 05-10-2016, 07:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

As an update. The problem was never able to be isolated, and still occurs despite replacing all of the hardware in the car. Audi blames an "AT&T Server Issue", but I am not convinced. I am currently pursuing a Lemon Law buyback.

So disappointed that it has come to this. I love my TTS, but this experience has been tarnished for me.
Old 05-10-2016, 09:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

As an update. The problem was never able to be isolated, and still occurs despite replacing all of the hardware in the car. Audi blames an "AT&T Server Issue", but I am not convinced. I am currently pursuing a Lemon Law buyback.

So disappointed that it has come to this. I love my TTS, but this experience has been tarnished for me.
Wow thanks for the update, .....I'll work off your thread rather than mine. Lemon Law buyback, that's terrible. So far mine isn't quite that bad, at least I hope it doesn't get that bad??

By the way,.....the other problem I've had that no one else seems to have.....is that my virtual cockpit randomly crashes and restarts. Have you had any issues like that??
Old 05-10-2016, 10:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by i3adSaab
Wow thanks for the update, .....I'll work off your thread rather than mine. Lemon Law buyback, that's terrible. So far mine isn't quite that bad, at least I hope it doesn't get that bad??

By the way,.....the other problem I've had that no one else seems to have.....is that my virtual cockpit randomly crashes and restarts. Have you had any issues like that??

No restarting issues for me, just connection failure.
Old 05-10-2016, 11:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

No restarting issues for me, just connection failure.
k, thanks

Quick Reply: AudiConnect Disconnect