Warning Light/ Squaking sound

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 01:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warning Light/ Squaking sound

have a 2003 A4 Quattro 1.8Turbo with 52K. Sports Package and all that deal...

So here are my issues....

1.) I live in SoCal (LA) and the morning are cooler here. Ive noticed that each morning my Headlight Warning light appears on my Dash LCD (Headlight Dimmer Control one), Once the day starts to warm up, and usually around lunch time when i go get something to eat... I notice that my light has reset and gone off. Ran a code from a shop and it said something about "Internal Control Module Error"; Just wondering if anybody might have an idea of what is causing this? Kind of annoying seeing that light every morning.....

2.) I also have a little squeaking/rattling coming from my Steering wheel Section. I notice that when i put pressure on the steering wheel or release the tilt lever and move the steering wheel up and down the squeaking/rattling stops, but when i lock the lever into place it starts again. Also when I throw the car into neutral the squeaking/rattling stops all together. Car doesnt make the sound when im driving and stepping on the gas just when at a complete stop or going real slow. Im thinking its something maybe lose inside tapping against something else. I was also thinking maybe something feel in there in that area, and if it would be safe to get a bottle of compressed air and blow all in that area? i wouldnt want to F anything up and thats why i figured i would ask...

Any help or input on these issues would be greatly appreciated, since i am new to audi's altogether... Thanks.

UPDATE: I posted this in the A4 Forum also, but figured i would also do it here to get more responses. Like i stated in the other forum

I went out to lunch and it was like 100 outside.. Noticed that the light had reset itself and the squeak had altogether dissappeared. Now when it starts getting dark again, and cooling down, the squeak will resurface but the warning light wont come on. Its not until its been sitting there all night that it will return. WEIRD? Any info would be appreciated