water in oil after head swap

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2017, 02:29 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default water in oil after head swap

i have a 2001 a4 1.8t AWM. i swapped the head to an AEB big port after the car was overheated. The AEB was brand new Reman i had in storage. I swapped everything over as needed, vvt tentioner, cam window, cam gear. i was told it was ok to run the AWM valve cover because it has the breather hose line where the AEB doesnt. So thats the way i ran it because i couldnt find the AEB cover. everything is back together and i turn it on. it sounded rough at first, but i gave it 20 mins or so to fully adjust tot he new head, and get everything lubricated. It sounded nice with no codes other than my o2 sensor. i took it for a drive around the block a few times and came home and shut it off. when i cam back out i noticed a puddle of coolant leaking. i looked around and saw the coolant flange was leaking onto my transmission bellhousing. i got the new parts and went to install them, then i found a white sludge in the breather hose. Oil/Water mix. I had this happen on an old 1.8t, but it was oil in the water so i just replaced the oil cooler. but this is the opposite. being that its a new head, with a new gasket. does anyone have any thoughts on what it might be? thanks.