with all this talk about air intakes and such, is anyone planning on going to a dyno soon?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 02:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default with all this talk about air intakes and such, is anyone planning on going to a dyno soon?

I have only seen 4 different individauls dyno their 2.8 12v.
Me
Mr.D
UrS4
*Justin*
Editted<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/12v/msgs/56909.phtml">reposts</a></li></ul>
Old 08-28-2006, 03:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I'd love to get on a dyno..but I'd rather finish modding first...

Still have to do P&amp;P workshops and exhaust. Approx how much does it usually cost anyways?
Old 08-28-2006, 04:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nope...never did mine. I went with Justin (Jussnb) when he did his.
Old 08-28-2006, 09:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default I'd love to as well but ...

I'd love to as well but here on Vancouver island in "Beautiful" British Columbia, Canada no one has a four wheel dyno. DoH! Maybe able to find one in Vancouver but as EDIGREG said I'd want to finish my mods first.
Old 08-29-2006, 04:05 AM
VAP
AudiWorld Super User

Default you can never know what, if any benefits doing your mods add w/o a baseline dyno pull...

You can get a 3-run pull for anywhere between $50/$150. Look for "group dyno" runs in your area or call a dyno shop and see if anyones got any group deals planned. Most any group will welcome any car as they're just looking for cheap dyno pulls and they'll let anyone join to get it.

I always loved the people asking me "how many horsepower will this/that mod add?" I always answered "in order to answer that I would need to know how many HP you now have." Ya know, not one person in over 4 years has been able to tell me beyond the numbers Audi claims for the car... not ONE! If its not important to know TQ/HP "before" a modification why is it so important to know "after" a modification since you have no idea the net gain, if any of any/all modifications.
Old 08-29-2006, 07:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default True...I was under the impression that dyno pulls were more expensive...

Although I'd love to see some numbers, I know the mods I've done (your mods) have made significant improvements, dyno or no dyno. But that's besides the point that I'm still incredibly interested to see what a stock 12v and modded 12v pull on the same dyno. I've seen your posts with some of your dyno results (even tho you took down the images!), and read about how skeptic you are about the numbers being correct. I'd love to see how your numbers have changed after the additional mods you've done since your first pulls with the 90.

Have you, (or anyone else), had a stock and modded 12v on the same dyno? Seems to be really the only way to settle the discrepancy between numbers. Even if the dyno isn't perfectly calibrated, or doesnt account for extra quattro driveline loss, it would still give an accurate net change in HP/TQ.

If the opportunity arises at a reasonable price, I would LOVE to participate...Scott or anyone else from around Pittsburgh know of any local AWD dynos?
Old 08-29-2006, 08:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Re: Scott or anyone else from around Pittsburgh know of any local AWD dynos?

Well, when Justin wanted to Dyno his car, the closest one was 4 hours away in Virginia. Since then, ESE tuning in the North Hills got an AWD dyno...however, I'm not really sure if they still have it. They seem to have moved more into a mail order type of shop. It's been ~8 months since I've been there, so I'm not sure if they still have the dyno.<ul><li><a href="http://www.esetuning.com/">ESE Tuning</a></li></ul>
Old 08-29-2006, 10:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Thanks Scott...I'll give them a call...

Maybe we can set something up if they still have the dyno.
Old 08-29-2006, 10:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Sure...they aren't (weren't) too far from where I live, so pretty much any time.
Old 08-29-2006, 02:59 PM

Default google cache showed at one point in time a dyno graph on the site.

sorry for the error.

Quick Reply: with all this talk about air intakes and such, is anyone planning on going to a dyno soon?