The cut-off date is now past for receiving PS Pulley cores for machining/lightening...

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 07:26 AM
VAP
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default The cut-off date is now past for receiving PS Pulley cores for machining/lightening...

Those purchasers who's pulleys were received have all been notified via email that they got in under the wire.

The Group Purchase is now closed for any/all that have not paid or I have not received a pulley from.

Pulleys will become available again as soon as there's sufficent quantity for me to do another production run but the option of me doing "customer-provided" pulleys is over until/if another GP is offered.

The below 2 options will become available again as exchange units are returned and I've had a chance to machine them. Prices will be $10 higher than GP pricing across-the-board and are reflected in the 2 options below.

1. I sell you an exchange unit: $75.00 + $100 deposit refundable upon return receipt of your "alloy" NOT STEEL pulley.

2. I sell you a lightweight alloy pulley outright: $120 no exchange or deposit required LIMITED AVAILABILITY!!

All prices include USPS Priority Mail shipping w/Delivery Confirmation to continental US and 1st Class Canadian postage. Add $17.00 for Global Express Mail to Canada.
Old 03-22-2008, 07:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got mine installed yesterday...thanks!
Old 03-22-2008, 07:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default let me know..

not in a hurry but instead of a refund i would take one if when available.
Jonathan B
Old 03-22-2008, 07:39 AM
VAP
AudiWorld Super User

I have one set aside for you. It'll ship next week
Old 03-22-2008, 07:47 AM
VAP
AudiWorld Super User

Default YPIWWP!!! (your post is worthless without pics) ;-) And...

how did the install go? Any snags, snafus etc. Approx installation time? C'mon, GIVE!! All we have so far is one person where everything that could've gone wrong and even more DID!
Old 03-22-2008, 10:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default sounds freakin fantastic!!!

thanks!
Old 03-22-2008, 12:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

hows it feeling?
Old 03-22-2008, 01:04 PM
VAP
AudiWorld Super User

Default I doubt anyone can "feel" this modification even if they had the steel pulley before...

this is one of those "ya can't feel it but ya know it's helping" kinda things rather than any kind of serious power producer. Remember it takes 10-12HP to feel virtually ANY HP increase on these cars. And there isn't a power steering pulley in the world that'll give ya that kinda increase.

The car will certainly rev faster and fall off RPMs faster between gears due to reduced mass and flywheel affect compared with it's unmodified counter-part or the steel pully. But I dunno that it will be a feelable or perceptable reduction. But sometimes just knowing it's there and doing its job is enough. But now add a LW harmonic damper and a billet alternator pulley and it starts to become a significantly feelable series of modifications. It's simply one more step in the journey.
Old 03-22-2008, 03:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Install is a piece o' cake...

Only took about 3 mins, but I already had the tools out ;]

Definately not something you feel in the seat of your pants, but there is a bit of a different feel. One thing that's DEFINITELY noticable is the weight difference...the steel pulley feels like a brick compared to the LW alum version!

I'll snap some pics soon...
Old 03-22-2008, 06:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Got a tool list for everyone?

Quick Reply: The cut-off date is now past for receiving PS Pulley cores for machining/lightening...