How bored does a cop have to be to ticket a parked car for expired tags???

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 10:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How bored does a cop have to be to ticket a parked car for expired tags???

I came home the other day from my vacation/torture-treatment in OK to find that my parked Audi with its flat "donut" spare tire had a ticket for expired tags, of all things. I suppose the flat donut & dust collection weren't obvious clues that it had been sitting for awhile.

The ticket said that I had to renew my tag & report it to the Security Forces Commander (fancy word for military police) within 24 hours of the citation. However, the ticket looked to be at least a week old since it wasn't dated & was quite faded from the sun. Good thing is, there's no fine, just get it renewed ASAP. So I did that & all is well now. Oxy-moron of the day: military intelligence.

While on the subject: I drive through the main gate of the base at least once a day...with my daughter in her car seat. The ONE time my wife & I don't have the daughter--or her car seat--with us while enetering the base a few months ago, we get searched for drugs & explosives by the K-9 cop.

In retrospect, the elements were perfect. I had just cleaned up the Audi & waxed it sparkling clean. I mean it looked wet, it was so shiny!!! The wife & I were quite well dressed too for a nice evening dinner, so we were obvious drug dealers, right? And we resembled the spitting image of a terrorist, nevermind the fact that WE LIVE ON THE BASE. I suppose my vehicle's base decal coupled with both my wife's & my military ID's weren't proof enough. It's a wonder that the dog didn't smell at least some small trace of tritonol in the car since my wife works with munitions.

So kids, the moral of the story is: If you're blonde-haired & blue-eyed & live on a military installation with all of the appropriate credentials for access, you still need the five yr old blonde-haired, blue-eyed, cute-as-a-button girl in the back seat to get you through the gate unscathed...or at least a pizza. ;-p

That's my rant for now...boredom makes mountains out of mole hills because I really couldn't care less about what I just posted; I'm just bored!
Old 07-21-2005, 08:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default 'The Bored Cops' would make a good name for a ska band

Good to see you posting. ;-)
Old 07-21-2005, 03:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Lol, thanks