I am installing the Zex WET NOS kit but my buddy insists on putting the Dry kit in his 12v

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2003, 05:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I am installing the Zex WET NOS kit but my buddy insists on putting the Dry kit in his 12v

Is there anything to worry about? His connects a vacuum line to the fuel regulator and he plans to run the 65-75 shot.. is our fuel system powerful enough to run this and what are the benefits from the wet kit that i am installing besides the added fuel..
Old 04-17-2003, 06:50 AM
Elder Member

Default If the stock pump can handle it,the dry system will give a better fuel mixture vs a single point wet

system. Single point wet systems may lead to uneven fuel distribution which will cause some cylinders to run rich and others lean.If the fuel system on a car is not up to snuff(pressure wise) a stronger pump(some companies offer in-line booster pumps) will need to be used.This is from what I've read and the pros and cons of single point wet and dry systems are debated but it seems to be the consensus that for each set-up it's best to keep it at a 75 shot or less.
Old 04-17-2003, 10:04 AM
AudiWorld Super User

He is running all stock fuel equip.. its a 96 A6 what do you think.
Old 04-17-2003, 10:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Have you seen the new kits? They inject NOS and fuel right at the fuel injector...

they have nozzles that go between the bottom of the injector and the manifold.

That would be the ideal setup, as you'd be sure of even distribution. I'd be curious whether it affects the injectors ability to atomize the fuel though.<ul><li><a href="http://www.holley.com/HiOctn/ProdLine/Products/NOS/NOSNS/NOSzle.html">http://www.holley.com/HiOctn/ProdLine/Products/NOS/NOSNS/NOSzle.html</a></li></ul>
Old 04-17-2003, 11:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Too high. We have 15.4 lb per hour injectors - even a Hyundai V6 has larger injectors....

At 100% duty cycle - which is unlikely, and the maximum 5psi increase of a stock regulator, he can safely boost 54hp at stoich, maybe add another 20 at lean - again this is at 100% duty cycle.

At low to mid rpms, the injector duty cycle varies from 20 to 60%, meaning 40 to 80% less fuel.

Depending on how he triggers a 75 shot, he is adding the same amount of 02 at low or high rpms. Whereas at low rpms, there is not enough fuel to combine with that 02 if you get my drift.

Make sure he adds a WOT switch that will only toggle the nitrous at high rpms. Otherwise, you will ping your engine everytime and eventually weaken it and damage it.

BTW, I measured 13:1 A/F with a sniffer with 50 shot nozzle after installing 21 lb injectors running effectively 60% duty. Be careful

Stay at 50 shot dry - get an A/F gauge to monitor it. Or find 17lb injectors - no ECU work is needed. It can compensate for it at close loop.

Don't worry about the fuel pump. It can handle 350hp
Old 04-17-2003, 11:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default where can i find these larger injectors and how much..

will they benefit me when i run without NOS as well as him with the dry system
Old 04-17-2003, 12:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Yes because during mad acceleration, it will slighlty richen your system compared to stock...

the net effect is more low end torque or better acceleration after cruising.

17lbs are tough to find as they are installed on very few cars - like a 95 M3, and a few more I can't remember. I think RC makes them - as long as they are high impedance which typically they are.

If you want, you can change your stock fuel regulator to a 3.0bar from a TT or VW bug (cheaper for the same part) and get 19lb injectors for a '95+ Ford Mustang (the early ones are shorter) and be done with it. Then, you can add a fuel pressure riser after the 3 bar and inject 100 shot dry NOS Ok, don't do that unless you know how to tune the system for that high
Old 04-17-2003, 12:04 PM

try http://www.rceng.com/
Old 04-17-2003, 12:21 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Re: Yes because during mad acceleration, it will slighlty richen your system compared to stock...

interesting.. but what would i need for 75 i dont plan on going crazy.. would the zex computer vacuum attachment let his stock regulator open enough with getting the larger injectors? and do the 19lb ones fit directly? i am not to familiar with fuel injectors...
Old 04-17-2003, 12:32 PM
Elder Member

Default I saw those and wonder about the OEM injectors spray pattern. Plus the one write-up/review I saw

they kept blowing the lines off.

Quick Reply: I am installing the Zex WET NOS kit but my buddy insists on putting the Dry kit in his 12v