question about parts...

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2010, 06:55 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question about parts...

i have a 90 CS QUATRRO and i am new to the audi community so i have no idea where to find the performance parts, lighting, body styling.... i want to make my 90 an all motor monster but i need some odds and ends to make it happen. the rest i can port polish gasket match bore and hone at school(WyoTech).so where can GOOD parts be found
Old 08-17-2010, 12:06 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Question about your question...

Welcome to the forum Sir,

You may not have much success inducing anyone to answer here, unless your can re-phrase your query into a specific question; about the 12v engine.

This forum exists to some extent because good parts are more often developed (hence the name of the Forum); than found. The required parts are often already; at hand. Your good Audi is made from (mostly) good Audi parts (parts it came with BTW) and the dealer has most of them. How those parts work together is a great deal of what this forum is about.

If you re-read your question you may see it has lots of enthusiasm, but lacks clues as to what you are actually trying to find. If you "have no idea"; neither can we.

May I humbly suggest that you pick a single theme or issue you may wish to research, and looking at it's key words, use them as search terms (the archive contains all the daily conversations, and questions like yours, going back for years) in this and the sister forum:

"Audi 90 / 80 / Coupe quattro / Cabriolet Discussion"

(for non-12v engine conversations), and find some place quiet and just read awhile. You may then more easily find a project to pursue. Please start with something quite modest. There is no shame in a well maintained stock vehicle; and no better starting point.

(Before someone else says anything, please note also the above spelling of "quattro" as she is spelled. I don't mind, but when trying to strike up a conversation here, what often works here is, give folks a reason to respond, rather than an excuse not to.)

For instance:

"I am having a problem "X" with my engine. I have searched the archive here and can't find any previous mention of "X". So far I have tried fix "A" but that doesn't seem to make any difference. Has anyone else ever had a similar issue, and what did you do? Thanks. Signed, Done My Homework".

If you can share experiences (good or bad), knowledge or tell a good story, that is more likely to draw out a response. Seek and ye shall find.
Old 08-19-2010, 08:26 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey. thanks for the help,its greatly appreciated