some stuff in the classifieds you crazy cats might be interested in...

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 04:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default some stuff in the classifieds you crazy cats might be interested in...

noticed these were up for sale, some might be interested in 'em:

<a href="http://classifieds.audiworld.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/classifieds.cgi?db=autoparts&website=&language=&se ssion_key=&search_and_display_db_button=on&results _format=long&db_id=27104&query=retrieval">Split Secong ARM1 A/F Meter</a>

<a href="http://classifieds.audiworld.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/classifieds.cgi?db=autoparts&website=&language=&se ssion_key=&search_and_display_db_button=on&results _format=long&db_id=27103&query=retrieval">Adjustab le IM switchover setup</a>
Old 07-14-2006, 05:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default well I heard you def need the A/F meter since all your stuff makes our cars run lean...

right? lol... JUST messin... sure the older crowd (what's left of us) can get a chuckle out of that...

Also, that RPM setup is basicalyl plug and play the way he has it, which makes installation a boat load easier. Def took me a few hrs to get that puppy wired in when I did it on my car...
Old 07-14-2006, 07:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default yeah i hear you on running fat as a pig...

damn tailpipes are always black... I'd kill to be able to get mine to burn as cleanly as yours does my man... though I still pull 25-27mpg on the road trips!
Old 07-14-2006, 08:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Sooty the pig!

My tailpipe's blacker than the Grim Reaper's heart. There you have your weird imagery for the day.

Surely, my engine could stand to run a bit leaner.
Old 07-14-2006, 10:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Just to let you know...

Not all the noobs are like that! I still prefer to see 1PissedOff90, UrS4, moribundman, AudiMick, MikTip, etc, writing posts (sorry if I left some of you guys out, but you know who you are). You guys are the final word on anything I have done with my car (barring the stereo &amp; some electronics). From your friendly banter to your technical posts (most of which are way over my head), my A4 and I have benefitted greatly from all of you! I hope a few bad egos and attitudes don't turn you off the forum, as I see some of you are letting your 12Vs go. In the automotive world, as in medicine, experience is a highly valued commodity. I just wish some people would open up their minds, and not feel a need to reply to EVERYTHING, because of some half-*** local mechanic telling them the 'low-down'. I already went through that, and now consult the forum extensively before I take the car to a mechanic. Trust me, you are appreciated!!!!!
Old 07-14-2006, 10:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: narrow-mindedness and bigotry isnt limited to noobs. We have a fair smathering of old-timers...

I figured it was a few people who tried to throw down with you. It is enjoyable to read the exchanges, and see you prevail with logic and facts, but then I realize how it must feel to deal with some of these people on a regular basis. More power to you, Mance! BTW I knew those 2 screen names, just wanted to let u know I read a lot of your older posts. I just wish most of those still had pictures in them! I can't tell you how much more time I've spent looking for the same. Of course, no one else posts pics like that, so I'm SOL on that.
Old 07-14-2006, 02:18 PM

Default 34mpg! got me beat by 5mpg

but im sure the haltech plays a decent role in that.
Old 07-16-2006, 06:23 PM

Is the stock ecu programming really that bad?
Old 07-17-2006, 04:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default lol... that's amazing...

I'm sure I can't get near that with my OEM stuff.... can I???
Old 07-17-2006, 12:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default well i already have those silly...

but yeah, I want good performance oriented running. I remember when you were running the fuel dialer (the ARC-2-NE) you were able to squeeze 28mpg or so when cruising...

oh well, I'll save the gas efficient tuning for the 4000 once I get the Ib setup up and running. I'll have it for 87 octane and 93/race gas I think... that way for the majority of its use I can have a gas efficient beast for the long commutes, etc.

Quick Reply: some stuff in the classifieds you crazy cats might be interested in...