Old 08-13-2003, 07:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default urs4's mods

how do i check out urs4's mods?
Old 08-13-2003, 07:56 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default UrS4 needs a web page...

He should really make a simple web page that showcases each item and includes a write-up.

I guess, you'll have to go hunting for posts on this forum. Maybe you should email him...
Old 08-14-2003, 04:46 AM

Default Re: UrS4 needs a web page...

How true how true...

With every mod, how much hp do u gain with it.
Maybe what mod didnt bring the "wanted" hp and so on.

This forum is big, u spend years in searching all threads about infos ;-)

Andreas_AUT
Old 08-14-2003, 05:35 AM
VAP
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default so if I got a web site I'd suddenly know HP gains of each mod? Tell me more!

You guys continue confusing "my" wants and my needs with yours. I'm not a business. I am retired. I do this for "my" fun/entertainment and not yours. You benefit from the results. If those results are diminished because I don't have a website you have options. You are welcome to shop around and spend your hard-earned dollars elsewhere. Makes me no nevermind as I'm not in this for the money. I'd be only too happy to make this stuff for me and my son and a few other local 2.8 owners. I hope this has been borne out by my willingness to share concepts and ideas that I discover and share freely with you that I never try to "sell" you. In fact the only items I sell are items you're not likely to be able to duplicate in your garage. The rest is share-ware. I only sell a handful of items but I've given away tons of hopefully useful information not available anywhere else.

But let me give you a list of what I won't do just becuse it pleases you.

I won't start a business that dictates I have to be here making parts. I am retired. I will stay retired and work on "my" schedule and pace. If that don't suit ya thats not "my" problem.

I wont open a website that will likely pull in more business than I'm capable of serving efficiently. Again, this is "my" choice. You want parts that work or you want a website?

I won't start a business, hire people to keep up with all the orders a website could bring in. I did that for 25 years. I'm not going back.

No website on the planet is any hedge against people asking questions. The same questions that are usually answered on the website.

I already field 30-50 inquiries a day. Just what I need is to add another couple hundred to that via a website.

Ya want the parts I make, I'd love to send ya some. Ya want a website, try TAP, Blaufergnugen, MTM, TDL, Stasis or a gazillion others. I like what I do now and the way I do it. Make me hate it and I will bid adieu to making anything for the public at large.

And I don't tell anyone what they "need" to do in their personal lives so please, afford me the common courtesy of not professing to tell me what I need to do in mine. Who's life is it anyway!?!
Old 08-14-2003, 08:19 AM

Default Re: so if I got a web site I'd suddenly know HP gains of each mod? Tell me more!

Easy brother, easy, hehe

I started to read this forum (12v) a few months ago.
I also know that you gonna test mods on your 12v for yourself ( and i think every1 knows it 2 )!
But you offer some mods here in this forum. In the meantime, there r many mods u offer ( and thats good so ).
You are one person who spend his "free"time for his 2,8 12v to make him faster. I really like that, because there are only a few peoples, who do the same like you.

* i hope u understand my english, damn its hard *

I never thought that you gonna do it for business.
But there are many mods you offer. So its not easy to find every thread about the mods. And next question is, how much hp will it bring?

So it would be much easier to see it on a HP, or should every1 send u an email with questions over questions? But u just wrote it - making an HP or tune up the 2,8er ??

My suggestion - tune the baby :-)

So i hope you understand everything i wrote, if not, tell me and ill try to explain as good as i can!

And btw, keep up the good work. I hope you still let us know about your testing and mods u have done??!

Thx anyway
and greetings to all here from Austria
Andreas_AUT

- and i hope i can still ask you about some mods or maybe order it -
Old 08-14-2003, 08:54 AM
VAP
AudiWorld Super User

Default S'ok, I understand completely. But it doesn't take a website to disperse any of that info...

A website costs money. When I was looking I found bids ranging from $700 on the low-end to over $5k. Guess who's gonna pay for that! And dyno plots for every mod run in the $125 per hour in my neck of the woods. Guess who will bear the brunt of that as well?

And I really don't offer "many" mods. In fact, as it is right now all I offer is: MAF, TB, hose kits, velocity stack and CAI for the 90. Five products does not a worthwhile web site make. Makes everything more complicated than it need be and will make me a slave to it via the sheer numbers derived from it. A time I'd rather spend on R&Ding.

The way I see it a website will simply hurtle me into a premature burnout.

And there's nothing empirical about dyno numbers and rated HP. What is worth 10HP on my car may be 5 on your car and 15 on his car. And unless the dyno is an SAE corrected one someone at sea level will get much higher increase than I would at 6,000 ft elevation. And what about dyno tests done at 70, 80, 90 or 100 degrees? Dyno and HP numbers just simply arent a bona fide yardstick for judging gains.

My way is simpler, and iron-clad: If I sell you anything that doesn't give you an appreciable increase or value for what you spent I give you your money back. Find even one other place that will do that on performance modifications. My rules are simple; satisfaction or refund. A website won't allow me to continue that practice as we all know the personalities out there that will abuse the privelage in spades.

Hey I've spent a great amount of time pondering the possibilites but I keep coming back to the friendly and personal "hand-shake" method of doing business. It just kinda suits me, ya know?
Old 08-14-2003, 09:20 AM

Default if never seen it...

from this side. :-)

Websites r expensive in the states!!!
I saw this in germany and also here in austria, where some guys make ( a free ) website of his ( sometimes non-interesting )hobby. There r so many sites here, so it could be that im a little bit spoilt

Then i will also post my testings here in this forum. Im maybe ( in the near future ) a owner of an 2,8 12v from a wrecked car (accident). So i can change parts, and i can also drive my Audi 80.
I also ordered the G-Tech pro competition to see if some mods i wanna do bring up some hp. And if they will bring it, where will the bring it...

So ill tell you here, if i got some news :-)

greetings
Andreas_AUT
Old 08-14-2003, 09:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Two suggestions.

I totally understand about the website...

The main thing that I would suggest is figuring out a way to keep all of your digital photographs online. I've gone back to look at some of your old posts and the text was available, but the pictures had been deleted (I assume to make room for new pictures in your AW picture poster).

There are several free picture hosting services out there (I really don't know the details, but others probably will) where you could keep your pictures. If none of these meet your needs, I could set up some storage for you where you could upload your pictures instead of using the AW picture poster. I have more storage and bandwidth that I could ever use, so you (or anybody posting 12v stuff for that matter) could use it for no charge.

The other suggestion I would make would be to go back and find your AW posts on your various offerings and create an AW signature that included these links. That way, people looking for information about your mods could find it without asking, but you wouldn't have the additional queries that you would get if you had a full blown website.

Scott
Old 08-14-2003, 09:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Amen... I'm actually surprised you've done as much as you have...

I would have kicked 'me' to the curb a long time ago... we all really appreciate your insight and willingness to help!!

Well, they might not but I do!!! J/K
Old 08-14-2003, 11:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Hmm, I think the intent of my suggestion was totally misunderstood...

I didn't mean you should make a commerical "business web page"! I don't know where you got THAT idea. I was merely expressing my personal opinion by suggesting you may want to have a simple page that shows what mods you have available and what they do - a page you could show interested parties instead of repeating the same thing over and over, nothing more. Nowhere did I suggest you should list gains, a price, or anything else. I just figured you'd be tired of telling people the same thing over and over when they asked what mods you offered.

My intent was certainly not to tell you what to do, but merely a suggestion of how to avoid being asked the same questions every other day. My suggestion had also nothing to do with what I want or need, since I'm unfortunately not in the market for buying any mods. I have absolutely nothing to gain or lose.

If you misunderstood the intent of my suggestion as an attempt to tell you what you have to do, then I'm very sorry, and I'll try to be clearer from now on. I will apologize for not having been completely clear, but I will not apologize for my expressing my opinion.

Quick Reply: urs4's mods