Waterfest Rob Hack

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2004, 09:13 AM
eep
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In all fairness

I think whiskas here is right ... people on the forum here seem to have unusually short tempers. Never been on the nordicaudi boards, but I'd compare this to the old q-list (back when it was one big list, not the fragmented dissapointment it is today).

Everyone here was a noob once; some made more mistakes than others but everyone has to start somewhere. Rather than 4 or 5 people verbally beating the crap out of this guy for saying an (apparently) dirty word, maybe somebody could just let him know that people 'round these parts don't like Rob Hack, and drop it.

It makes the forum a bit easier on the eyes if people are polite and helpful. Flaming a noob now and then might be fun, but in the end it's less constructive.

Maybe it's worth having a forum FAQ? MikTip seems to have put together a useful entry for Rob Hack; maybe something about dyno results (nod to pgoyer/goyerp); something about "where do I go to get faster" ... surely there are others. Maybe Mance would even share a bit of space on his AA link in the top corner to link to it? I'll gladly host a forum FAQ on 12v.org if people will contribute to it and let the new people see it.

Just my $.02 ... let's all be nice.

(donning nomex)
Old 07-17-2004, 09:24 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default The AW Newbie FAQ

<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/a4/msgs/615688.phtml">https://forums.audiworld.com/a4/msgs/615688.phtml</a</li></ul>
Old 07-17-2004, 09:41 AM
eep
AudiWorld Member

Default It's a good start

but there's a lot on there that we never see here, and there are several things we see here that aren't on it. Plus, it seems counterintuitive to send people off to another forum to read a (marginally related) FAQ.

*shrug*
Old 07-17-2004, 12:38 PM

Default Re: The AW Newbie FAQ

Excellent AW Newbie FAQ, I never saw this post before. Like I said, I usually surf Audiworld as a cure to insomnia. I'm a mechanic at Cherry Hill Imports off of Route 70 if anyone is familiar with South Jersey.

sean
Old 07-17-2004, 12:42 PM

Default Re: In all fairness

I appreciate at least hearing someone with a voice of reason. I never defended the guy once, just said what I saw and what he said to me. Take it for what it's worth, I'm not the Rob Hack official herald.

I feel like I reported a crime and then had the Cops toss me in jail because I acted in decent.
Old 07-17-2004, 01:01 PM
Banned

and feel free to kick him in the nuts too.
Old 07-17-2004, 01:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default heh, yea ... do whatever. I don't give a crap at this point.

If it wasn't a scam, he should just come out and tell the truth:

1. He's Rob Hack
2. He'll be at Waterfest
3. He'll bring the cars
4. He'll show people the working SC and all that jazz

I think that would be a step in the right direction for him. If he doesn't do that, no one will trust him. And he can post here every few months just to **** everyone off (like he's been doing for the last 5 friggin years).

Mike
Old 07-17-2004, 01:30 PM
Banned

after all the money he ripped people off for he could buy a custom SC.
Old 07-17-2004, 01:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default he should have a booth where people can just kick him in the nuts.

I bet there would be a long line.

Mike
Old 07-17-2004, 01:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I think everyone's shocked a noob would know to use the search feature...

Whether you're Hack or not, this was not the best thing to bring up as your first post ;o)

Mike

Quick Reply: Waterfest Rob Hack