2.7T first upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2005, 01:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.7T first upgrades

Hi, I'm new here, and my dad recently bought an '02 A6 2.7T. We'd like to do some upgrades and were wondering what you guys reccomended.

I've made a list of a few things, and I was hoping you could look at it and tell me what you think;

1) K&N air filter
2) Bosch 3 electrode plugs
3) Forge motorsports blow-off valve
4) Two Apexi N1 mufflers
5) H&R Sport lowering springs
6) Revo ECU upgrade

Anyways, that's my list. Tell me what you think so far. I'm still trying to think of tires and rims, so if you know an 17" or 18" rims that looks fairly good on an A6, please give me a link.

Thanks, Brandon<ul><li><a href="http://www.ecodetuning.com/shop/cart.php?m=product_detail&amp;p=137&amp;c=47">Filt er</a></li></ul>
Old 09-03-2005, 04:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default First of all remember "always keep it straight Euro" Your gonna have to lose the fart cans kill the

BOV's and go with Garret software! 710 dv will suffice however 007 forge's are great in my opinion. Just check out awetuning.com goapr.com wickedmotorsports.com and think before you buy. You can waste alot of money on impulse buys!
Old 09-03-2005, 08:46 PM

Default Re: First of all remember "always keep it straight Euro" Your gonna have to lose the fart cans kill

So what would be the best chip in your opinion? So far I've seen the Revo chip, APR, and Neuspeed. What would proide the most power etc? I'm really leaning towards either the Revo or the GIAC because they both provide discounts for things I was gonna buy anyways. Also, what's the difference between the GIAC chip and the GIAC "Flashloader?"

Also, does the GIAC chip for the tranny really "rough?" LIke if I'm just driving normally through traffic, conservitively and all, it ain't gonna wati till redline to shift is it?

Also, I did decide to forget the fartcan mufflers and simply remove the resinators.

P.S. Also, the car's a tiptronic if that matters in terms of chip selection. Will the other chips make my shifts quicker like the GIAC ship does?

Thanks, Brandon
Old 09-05-2005, 03:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default you have an audi or an integra??? remember, the car is from germany not japan....

i would X everything on that list and start over...K&amp;N filter won't do anything but destroy your maf sensor. what i would do is...

giac chip
710n diverter valves
new throttle body boot

then i would move on to suspension then exhaust. your intake is fine for now.

check out www.awetuning.com or www.goapr.com
Old 09-06-2005, 06:54 PM

Default spend some time in the forums and you'll figure out what really works well...

don't bother screwing with the resinators unless you want ****ty performance but louders. you'd be better off with a full cat back and piggie pipes for performace + sound.

GIAC and APR are the two top chips, IMHO. neuspeed is regarded as weaksauce.
Old 09-07-2005, 04:30 PM

Default Re: spend some time in the forums and you'll figure out what really works well...

Allright thanks. However, You say GIAC is a top chip, but in that ink in your sig or post or whatever, it sas somewhere that the GIAC is weak? What?
Old 09-08-2005, 04:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Some answers..

K&amp;N is ok as long as you don't over oil it. It is the excess oils that can kill the MAF. I've been using mine for 20K (2.7T engine) with no problems. Some say it does not filter enough, but I have not seen any proof of the statement. So I'll use it untill I see some documentation to that effect.

Use regular Bosch Plugs that are specified for the engine.

Never use a BOV, only diverters for an Audi as the intake and ECU needs the diverted air. You will get a Check engine light (CEL) with BOV.

You also don't need to upgrade your BOVs unless you are going to Enhance your ECU via a chip or DiPP. And then you can live with Audi 710N valves (for the TT)..about $25.00-$30.00 at most Online shops. I have a set of barely used Forge 007's if you really want to buy them.

Springs.. your choice.. check out the A6 (C5) Board and the board for your geographic area on Audi World.. you will get many resources for mods and repair shops.

ECU Enhacements: Dahlback (ECU and TIP Chip too...solder in style.)Perhaps the best in high performance Chip solutions. But also pricey.

REVO, GIAC.. DiPP loaded via the OBD port and a hand held program changer you plug in.

APR DiPP loaded and changeable via your Cruise Control Button on the fly.

Best solution?.....Whicever brand is sold and installed local to you. When you Chip and you get CEL warnings you need a local shop who understands the process as well as the car to help diagnose and repair.

If you really want to start DIY diagnosing on the car then save up for a VAG COM Cable from Ross-tech.com The wrote the software and provide support and with it you can do many things to you engine, graphs, adaptations, etc.

Have fun.
Old 09-08-2005, 03:19 PM

Default Re: 2.7T first upgrades

sounds like a good list to start. I have a 200 2.7T and I dont think K&amp;N makes a intake for your car. Are you looking for a cold air intake or just a filter ? I also have the sport springs and they are great but make the speed bumps a pain in the ***. The blow of valve sounds good too and I know the the pair of LLtek D-BOV on my car are awesome. Anyway, as far as rims, depending on how much cash you wanna drop, BBS rims look awesome. Just some ideas, lemme know how it goes...
Old 09-08-2005, 04:29 PM

Default Re: you have an audi or an integra??? remember, the car is from germany not japan....

I had a question for Arcteryx. You said you were getting your bottem end bored and stroked to 3.2 liters. Where are you getting this done and how much do u think this is going to cost in round numbers if you do it, if you dont mind me asking. Sounds like a great idea for a car. Any help is great.
Old 09-11-2005, 02:26 PM

Default Re: 2.7T first upgrades

i can't figure out what kind of turbo timer would work best for my Audi, i have a 2001 some one help me

Quick Reply: 2.7T first upgrades