Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Wanting to buy a new a6 prestige!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 12:58 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wanting to buy a new a6 prestige!!

I'm shopping around for a new car and I've driven a few different mid size sedans. The one that stood out to me the most was the a6. I'm thinking thats the one I am going to purchase. But, has anybody ever had any serious problems with their newer a6 at all? Or should I just go for it, right now I'm saying go for it, but I just want some input first.

Thank you!
Old 02-02-2013, 01:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

5K on mine and love the car. Came from an E350 and in my opinion the Audi is a far better ride in many ways. I am getting better mileage even with the Quattro
Old 02-02-2013, 01:46 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by shaf
5K on mine and love the car. Came from an E350 and in my opinion the Audi is a far better ride in many ways. I am getting better mileage even with the Quattro
Awesome! I'm not to big of a fan on the E350, that was one of the ones I drove and it just wasn't for me. Thank you for the input!
Old 02-02-2013, 02:59 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by RamSek_
I'm shopping around for a new car and I've driven a few different mid size sedans. The one that stood out to me the most was the a6. I'm thinking thats the one I am going to purchase. But, has anybody ever had any serious problems with their newer a6 at all? Or should I just go for it, right now I'm saying go for it, but I just want some input first.

Thank you!
I have a BMW 530i and a MB SLK. When I decided to purchase a new car I drove the MB E series, 5 series, Lexus and the A6. Out of all of them I purchased the fully loaded A6 Prestige since it was more fun to drive and more technology compared to the other 2. The ONLY issue I have with the A6 is that the seats feel slighty more narrow then the 5 series. If I was not keeping my current 5 series I would have thought a little harder about this but I think I would have still went with the A6. I have 6K miles on it and am going for my 5K service on monday and so far I am loving this car. I never use the 530i.
Old 02-02-2013, 03:05 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by skipper2
I have a BMW 530i and a MB SLK. When I decided to purchase a new car I drove the MB E series, 5 series, Lexus and the A6. Out of all of them I purchased the fully loaded A6 Prestige since it was more fun to drive and more technology compared to the other 2. The ONLY issue I have with the A6 is that the seats feel slighty more narrow then the 5 series. If I was not keeping my current 5 series I would have thought a little harder about this but I think I would have still went with the A6. I have 6K miles on it and am going for my 5K service on monday and so far I am loving this car. I never use the 530i.
Thats great to hear! Out of all the cars you mentioned I think the Lexus is definitely the most comfortable car. But I agree, the Audi is a lot of fun. The one I'm looking at is a fully loaded prestige also, I just have to start dealing with the dealer. I'm excited!
Old 02-02-2013, 03:26 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thats great to hear! Out of all the cars you mentioned I think the Lexus is definitely the most comfortable car. But I agree, the Audi is a lot of fun. The one I'm looking at is a fully loaded prestige also, I just have to start dealing with the dealer. I'm excited!
One other thing that made the decision easy for me was that through my company, I got the car at dealer price. No negotiating.
Old 02-02-2013, 03:48 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by skipper2
One other thing that made the decision easy for me was that through my company, I got the car at dealer price. No negotiating.
Ahhhh luck you haha! I wish it were that easy for me, I'm going to be trading in my truck, but no doubt in my mind I can get a pretty good deal from them.
Old 02-02-2013, 04:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

I've got a bit over 5K on mine and I love it. Some minor things like the Side Assist light comes on randomly on the driver side, but No regrets. It's my first true luxury sedan and I looked at many others (BMW, Infinity, Lexus, Acura) and the Audi was the right fit for me. It had the best combination of performance, handling, comfort, quiet and smooth ride. I put performance and handling at the top of my list, otherwise Lexus may have won for more comfort. I wouldn't trade my A6.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:03 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by bobinwa
I've got a bit over 5K on mine and I love it. Some minor things like the Side Assist light comes on randomly on the driver side, but No regrets. It's my first true luxury sedan and I looked at many others (BMW, Infinity, Lexus, Acura) and the Audi was the right fit for me. It had the best combination of performance, handling, comfort, quiet and smooth ride. I put performance and handling at the top of my list, otherwise Lexus may have won for more comfort. I wouldn't trade my A6.
I completely agree! So I'll definitely be getting one here pretty soon.
Old 02-03-2013, 06:16 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I completely agree! So I'll definitely be getting one here pretty soon.
14,000 on my 2012 Prestige. No regrets. I owned both Mercedes and BMW. Without question, Audi looks better both on the outside and inside. Better technology. Better ride than the Mercedes, equivalent to the BMW. The engine and transmission are sweet.

Quick Reply: Wanting to buy a new a6 prestige!!