A4 allroad (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 allroad quattro 2017-

19 inch Sport Pkg Wheels - Why not??

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2018, 07:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 29 Posts
Default 19 inch Sport Pkg Wheels - Why not??

Any sense as to why the USA doesn't get to choose wheel design and size for the AR? Also, any rumor of the 19 inch wheels being offered in the future? I like everything about the AR but the wheel and high sidewall of the tires just look a bit off for the US spec car. Just my $0.02.
Old 01-22-2018, 01:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

The easy answer is that Audi of North America really just doesn't care about the Avant enthusiasts as any type of money maker at this point, therefore they have very limited options for Avant and Allroad purchasers to choose from.

Likely the wheel will not change through the live of the B9 Allroad. However, there is always the option to swap wheels out with another OEM option once the car has been purchased of course. My Summer set up will be a different OEM option for example.
Old 01-22-2018, 01:54 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Fantasiamon
The easy answer is that Audi of North America really just doesn't care about the Avant enthusiasts as any type of money maker at this point, therefore they have very limited options for Avant and Allroad purchasers to choose from.

Likely the wheel will not change through the live of the B9 Allroad. However, there is always the option to swap wheels out with another OEM option once the car has been purchased of course. My Summer set up will be a different OEM option for example.
I get all of that but they offer flexibility in other markets as close as Canada. Seems a little strange. The 19's give the car a much better look.
Old 01-22-2018, 03:47 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really like the 19" Y spoke wheels on the Canadian sport package also. I have been checking Ebay to see if any pop up but I am not sure how much I am willing to invest on a lease. I think they only offer the 18" in the US because they are really pushing that rugged, tall wagon, SUV alternative. The 18" wheels are going to offer a softer ride and show more sidewall for those people cross shopping SUVs.

I think I can live with the 18" wheels, even though I think the 19" look a 100x better, but the tires have to go. 18" wheels with terrible tires really make the car feel disconnected from the road at highway speeds in my opinion. I am going to put on some Michelin Pilot Super Sport or A/S Plus tires as soon as I feel I have an extra grand to throw at a brand new car. I hated my A8 at first because of the tires so I swapped the Conti all seasons for Michelin Super Sports, and it was like a whole new car.

Idealy, I would like to find some Canadian 19" take offs with summer tires and kill two birds with one stone. I have a feeling they will finally pop up a month before I have to turn the car in.
Old 01-23-2018, 09:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Puzz1
I get all of that but they offer flexibility in other markets as close as Canada. Seems a little strange. The 19's give the car a much better look.
The choices Audi of NA always make when it comes to options, packages and add ons are always strange and never fully what any buy wants in my opinion. I too wish they would do away with the "package" structure and simply let you order whatever you want and customize as much as one liked (similar to the UK site). But alas, that's simply a pipe dream.

Find a pair of OEM 19"s you like and order or trade for them. Pretty much the only option you're going to find.
Old 01-23-2018, 09:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Can always negotiate new wheels into the price of the car if it's truly otherwise a deal breaker for you.
Old 01-23-2018, 11:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by SCarGuy
Can always negotiate new wheels into the price of the car if it's truly otherwise a deal breaker for you.
I hear ya. Good idea. I haven't looked (nor am I inclined to spend the time) but I suspect that the AR is either the only USA offering - or one of a very few - that offers only one wheel option. Frustrating.
Old 01-23-2018, 11:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

I looked in the Order Guide, and yes, no wheel options at present for the allroad.

That being said, with a part #, the dealer may be able to furnish them for you, and work with you on cost. I've done it for people before on deals.