A4 allroad (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 allroad quattro 2017-

Audi Connect/Navigation Functionality

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2017, 05:34 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi Connect/Navigation Functionality

I was wondering if someone knows how the navigation works in the A4... Are we getting up to date traffic information?
Old 04-24-2017, 09:13 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

There is a thread in the A4(B9) forum that had some discussion about that. Although the title includes "without Audi Connect" it may touch on what you want.
Old 04-24-2017, 11:34 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Dan in St. Louis
There is a thread in the A4(B9) forum that had some discussion about that. Although the title includes "without Audi Connect" it may touch on what you want.
Hey Dan, thanks for the reply... It is not exactly clear for me in that Audi Connect functionality is not in line with that of the US in Canada (which I didn't make clear in my original post)... I appreciate the link though.

Perhaps a user in Canada with Audi Connect knows? I asked the dealership and they seemed confused to be honest, I got conflicting information.
Old 04-24-2017, 12:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Based on this thread, my understanding is that Canadian cars get neither Google Earth nor a car-supplied LTE/wifi hotspot. Since traffic information comes via the car's LTE connection, that apparently means that traffic is off the table for Canadian cars as well.

Ah, here's a thread that outlines exactly what Audi Connect entails for Canadian owners.
Old 04-24-2017, 12:09 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Obsidian3K
Based on this thread, my understanding is that Canadian cars get neither Google Earth nor a car-supplied LTE/wifi hotspot. Since traffic information comes via the car's LTE connection, that apparently means that traffic is off the table for Canadian cars as well.

Ah, here's a thread that outlines exactly what Audi Connect entails for Canadian owners.
Thank you, that was very very helpful information.
Old 04-24-2017, 12:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Based on 9 days with a B9 Avant in the UK, Google Earth was cool but not functionally different from the regular map display; it's just a satellite rather than false-color view of the built-in maps. Traffic information in the UK had wider availability than I expected, but it still couldn't hold a candle to Google Maps.

For comprehensive, real-time traffic information, it still seems like nobody in the industry can beat (or will license) Google Maps. The increasing availability of Android Auto and Apple Car Play does help in that regard.
Old 04-24-2017, 12:59 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by squijello
I asked the dealership and they seemed confused to be honest, I got conflicting information.
Not unusual. It appears to me that the home office and the dealers do not communicate well with each other.
Old 05-02-2017, 09:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Obsidian3K
Based on 9 days with a B9 Avant in the UK, Google Earth was cool but not functionally different from the regular map display; it's just a satellite rather than false-color view of the built-in maps. Traffic information in the UK had wider availability than I expected, but it still couldn't hold a candle to Google Maps.

For comprehensive, real-time traffic information, it still seems like nobody in the industry can beat (or will license) Google Maps. The increasing availability of Android Auto and Apple Car Play does help in that regard.
Dead right, it amazes me that car manufacturers haven't seen the writing on the wall with regards to this yet.

And with Waze coming to Android Auto, this closes a significant gap for me. Looking forward to trying it.
Article here: Waze finally coming to Android Auto