A4 allroad (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 allroad quattro 2017-

Calibrate Steering Wheel Angle Sensor on B9 cars

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2018, 12:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 720 Likes on 499 Posts
Default Calibrate Steering Wheel Angle Sensor on B9 cars

Does anyone know the procedure to calibrate the Steering Wheel Angle Sensor on a B9 car? All the instructions online appear to be for previous generation cars. I have VCDS.
Old 10-11-2020, 01:48 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hello I have the same problem you were able to solve? thank you
Old 10-11-2020, 02:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

If you don't have Active Steering, then it can be done using VCDS. I did it myself in the first week of ownership of a brand new car (yikes). if you have Active Steering then I have no idea what's involved and I would suggest getting this done via a dealer.
Infact I would suggest getting this done at the dealer in any case.
Old 10-11-2020, 03:06 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

[QUOTE:bruce_miranda;25507522] Se non si dispone di Active Steering, allora può essere fatto utilizzando VCDS. L'ho fatto io stesso nella prima settimana di proprietà di un'auto nuova di zecca (yikes). se si dispone di Active Steering allora non ho idea di cosa è coinvolto e vorrei suggerire di ottenere questo fatto tramite un rivenditore.
In realtà suggerirei di farlo al rivenditore in ogni caso. [/QUOTE]

excuse me how do i know if my car has active steering?
also my problem is that I wanted to install the button for the lane assist but now I can't do the calibration both with the old ring and with the new one.
sorry for my english but i use translator
thank you
Old 10-11-2020, 03:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I really think you should take your car to a dealer to get this looked at.
Old 03-20-2021, 11:13 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda
If you don't have Active Steering, then it can be done using VCDS. I did it myself in the first week of ownership of a brand new car (yikes). if you have Active Steering then I have no idea what's involved and I would suggest getting this done via a dealer.
Infact I would suggest getting this done at the dealer in any case.
Hi Bruce, and then, finally managed to do with VCDS, right?
can you describe briefly how was done?
VCDS instructions/procedure is accurate?
I think I have a little missalignment to 0º, didn't change anything, just to reset to exact position
Old 03-20-2021, 11:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Yes I did this with VCDS. As long as you don't have Active Assisted Steering, VCDS seems to be able to do it.
Old 03-20-2021, 11:40 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Yes I did this with VCDS. As long as you don't have Active Assisted Steering, VCDS seems to be able to do it.
Thanks, at least seems I can try without chance to lose permanently current basic seeting
But what VCDS does when you activate its basic setting? just marks current position as 0º ? asks for driving? doing anything?
Please, some more information

PS: I have a standard A4 B9 steering assist
Old 03-20-2021, 11:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I don't drive, so it can't have needed me to drive the car. And when I handed the car back to my wife it was error free. Complete with a new ALA and Heated Steering wheel.
But I did it so long ago, I have no idea now what I did. There were no instructions available then. I am sure there will be some proper instructions somewhere by now.
Old 03-20-2021, 12:02 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I don't drive, so it can't have needed me to drive the car. And when I handed the car back to my wife it was error free. Complete with a new ALA and Heated Steering wheel.
But I did it so long ago, I have no idea now what I did. There were no instructions available then. I am sure there will be some proper instructions somewhere by now.
OK, seems as was time ago you don't remember details, but also some extra clarifications, no needed to move the car and it got calibrated with VCDS,
I also had to do in a 8P many time ago, and I remember I had to drive with steering turned to one side, the other, etc.. following some instructions and took several tries to get calibrated, and now I was affraid of losing steering assitant and other systems by trying without information

maybe current VCDS will provide the instructions..

sounds to you login code was required? I try basic setting and is not sucessful, try the code provided for previous generation

Quick Reply: Calibrate Steering Wheel Angle Sensor on B9 cars