A4 allroad (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 allroad quattro 2017-

MY19 Cannada Changes *May be US relevant

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2018, 02:04 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default MY19 Cannada Changes *May be US relevant

Looks like a few changes in colors and new MMI system (No longer using Google Earth)

Also new Manhattan Grey lower accent color option

Argus Brown now available with full paint

MY19 Canada
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Pages from 2019 0rder (002).pdf (101.4 KB, 250 views)
File Type: pdf
Allroad.pdf (255.3 KB, 278 views)
Old 06-25-2018, 03:30 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Allroading17
Looks like a few changes in colors and new MMI system (No longer using Google Earth)
Other than the "New" label next to "Audi Connect Navigation and Infotainment Services", I don't see any mention of Google Earth or lack thereof, or of a new MMI system. Is there more detail about what's "new" somewhere else in the order guide?
Old 06-25-2018, 03:33 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by rccoleman
Other than the "New" label next to "Audi Connect Navigation and Infotainment Services", I don't see any mention of Google Earth or lack thereof, or of a new MMI system. Is there more detail about what's "new" somewhere else in the order guide?
Old 06-25-2018, 03:42 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Okay, that's been on Audi's website forever.
Old 06-25-2018, 03:43 PM
Banned

Okay, that's been on Audi's website forever.
My VWGOA rep confirmed there is a change coming to the MMI system, possibly the provider or map source.
Old 06-25-2018, 03:47 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

My VWGOA rep confirmed there is a change coming to the MMI system, possibly the provider or map source.
Okay, that same non-specific speculation has been going on for almost as long I look forward to seeing some evidence in the form of a car with a change to the MMI software or hardware.
Old 06-25-2018, 03:50 PM
Banned

Okay, that same non-specific speculation has been going on for almost as long I look forward to seeing some evidence in the form of a car with a change to the MMI software or hardware.
Well for starters, the new C8 A6/7 and D5 A8 use a new map supplier I think
Old 06-25-2018, 03:54 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Sure, but they also have a completely different MMI system based on a different processor and software. It makes sense that they'd use something new, but it's usually less likely that automakers will make a substantial change to an existing system. My sources at Audi lumped MY18/MY19 together as using the same MMI hardware, but with bug fixes and potentially a transition to Google's new tile-based API for the GE overlay. I'm anxious to see whether that happens, or if they go in a different direction entirely (like HERE).
Old 06-25-2018, 04:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Sure, but they also have a completely different MMI system based on a different processor and software. It makes sense that they'd use something new, but it's usually less likely that automakers will make a substantial change to an existing system. My sources at Audi lumped MY18/MY19 together as using the same MMI hardware, but with bug fixes and potentially a transition to Google's new tile-based API for the GE overlay. I'm anxious to see whether that happens, or if they go in a different direction entirely (like HERE).
Considering the big 3 german automakers are majority owners of HERE I wouldn't be surprised to see them implementing their maps into their product lines.
Old 06-25-2018, 04:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,065 Likes on 740 Posts

To be clear, the maps are already HERE. HERE is the former NavTeq company. It was acquired by Nokia who renamed it to HERE, then sold it to the BMW, Audi, Daimler consortium who owns it today. The question is whether Audi is gonna start using the HERE online services in place of today's Google services. HERE also has very rich offline support, so instead of having to update the maps periodically like it is done today, the system could use online maps while a cellular connection is present and maintain an offline copy that's regularly updated for when there is no cellular connection. I use HERE on my iPhone whenever I travel aboard for example. I download the parts of the world I'm visiting and then use it offline, so I don't have to pay roaming chargers. The offline support goes much farther than what Google Maps is capable of.

Quick Reply: MY19 Cannada Changes *May be US relevant