A4 allroad (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 allroad quattro 2017-

Potential Allroad Shopper

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2017, 03:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by soonerfan
Uh, I think that compartment is where the folding emergency triangle road marker can reside. Had a spot for it on my Q5's.
Cool, I'll have something to relax with while I wait for a tow.

Last edited by blorzoga; 04-24-2017 at 05:19 PM.
Old 04-24-2017, 06:31 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by blorzoga
Cool, that's where I'll keep my weed.

Ok, being a child of the 60's, been there, done that 30 some years ago so I know where you are coming from, but I will just say, I hope you are stashing your weed for after you are parked and will not be driving while or after smoking. If people want to get high or drunk in there own place or even a public place is pretty much their own business - but then getting behind the wheel is everyone's business. There are enough problems on the road, we don't need more.

Last edited by bob m; 04-24-2017 at 06:36 PM.
Old 04-25-2017, 03:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bob m
Ok, being a child of the 60's, been there, done that 30 some years ago so I know where you are coming from, but I will just say, I hope you are stashing your weed for after you are parked and will not be driving while or after smoking. If people want to get high or drunk in there own place or even a public place is pretty much their own business - but then getting behind the wheel is everyone's business. There are enough problems on the road, we don't need more.
Lighten up. I'm just having a little fun on here.
Old 04-25-2017, 05:03 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by blorzoga
Lighten up. I'm just having a little fun on here.

Or do you mean "light up? Hey, I was simply responding to your post - on a Audi forum - of all places, about weed in the car.
Old 04-25-2017, 06:32 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

Does anyone know what is under this plastic cover to the rear of the spare tire? It is flat at the rear but has a raised arc towards the front to stabilize the spare. There is an inviting **** to spin off (resting sideways in the photo) but the cover is still attached.

Old 04-25-2017, 06:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 54 Likes on 33 Posts

Just a guess, but might be part of the stereo system like a sub for better sound....
Old 04-26-2017, 04:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default +1

Originally Posted by soonerfan
Uh, I think that compartment is where the folding emergency triangle road marker can reside. Had a spot for it on my Q5's.
triangle marker storage for European market cars.
Old 04-27-2017, 02:15 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by heisnuts
Just a guess, but might be part of the stereo system like a sub for better sound....
I doubt it. The spare sits right above it and would muffle the sound.
Old 05-02-2017, 08:53 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Further imparssions after 1000 miles

Not sure where the OP stands on a decision, but aside from slight, but noticeable turbo lag from idle, which can be managed depending upon one's driving technique and a relative shortage of cockpit and spare tire/trunk storage space, the car continues to pleasantly surprise me. The MMI screen is tolerable, although far from optimally positioned. Aside from good dynamic capabilities (and more than adequate highway speed passing ability, contrary to one auto mag writer's complaint), the relative rarity of AR's is welcome as is the stealthiness of the MG finish. Have not had occasion to try launch control, but will. Still getting familiar with the various electronic features. Not sure if in need Google Earth and wi-fi. Still exploring Apple Play, but understand that we cannot stream Google Maps or Waze on the awkward MMI screen, so I turn it off at night, as it is distracting. Fortunately, an iphone clip fits nicely on the air vent vanes just to the right of the steering wheel and out of the way, but in clear view for monitoring Waze.
Old 05-02-2017, 05:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan in St. Louis
I doubt it. The spare sits right above it and would muffle the sound.
It is indeed the sub woofer enclosure.

Quick Reply: Potential Allroad Shopper