A4 allroad (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 allroad quattro 2017-

Problem with Radio Presets

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2018, 09:31 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with Radio Presets

When I start my car, rather than returning to the "presets" on the radio, the radio will revert to whatever band my last played station was. E.g., if I was last listening to a satellite channel when I turned off the car, the radio reverts to the full list of satellite channels rather than to my presets list (from which I selected the satellite channel). The same is true if my last listened to station is FM; i.e., when I turn the car back on, rather than giving me the presets list, I get the full FM list.

The only time the radio will go back to the presets list when starting the car is if I have listened to a channel selected from presets and then switched over to media. When I restart the car the radio will default to media (fine, as this was the last thing in use), and then when I switch to radio it will go back to presets (as opposed to a specific band on the radio [i.e., satellite, FM, AM]).

So, the question is, how can I get the radio to start on presets when having last been listening to presets (as opposed to the specific band to which I was listening)?

Greatly appreciate any thoughts/help.
Old 03-06-2018, 09:50 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rodine
When I start my car, rather than returning to the "presets" on the radio, the radio will revert to whatever band my last played station was. E.g., if I was last listening to a satellite channel when I turned off the car, the radio reverts to the full list of satellite channels rather than to my presets list (from which I selected the satellite channel). The same is true if my last listened to station is FM; i.e., when I turn the car back on, rather than giving me the presets list, I get the full FM list.

The only time the radio will go back to the presets list when starting the car is if I have listened to a channel selected from presets and then switched over to media. When I restart the car the radio will default to media (fine, as this was the last thing in use), and then when I switch to radio it will go back to presets (as opposed to a specific band on the radio [i.e., satellite, FM, AM]).

So, the question is, how can I get the radio to start on presets when having last been listening to presets (as opposed to the specific band to which I was listening)?

I brought this up in another thread. Very annoying but I think it is by design.
Old 03-06-2018, 10:55 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by crystalmountainskier
I brought this up in another thread. Very annoying but I think it is by design.
That's insane! Why on earth would the system have been designed in this way???
Old 03-06-2018, 04:58 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've gotten used to pressing radio -> favorites -> enter every time I start my car. Not that I should have to.
Old 03-06-2018, 06:24 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by crystalmountainskier
I've gotten used to pressing radio -> favorites -> enter every time I start my car. Not that I should have to.
The crazy thing is that my wife doesn’t have to go through this exercise in her 2018 Q5. Doesn’t make any sense.
Old 03-07-2018, 06:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

Works correctly in a new A3 as well (pretty much the same user interface). There's no way this is by design, they have a bug, just like with the Top View camera (which is more annoying). You can program your favorite 8 stations on the buttons, so there you have that functionality at least.
Old 03-07-2018, 07:01 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by stanj
Works correctly in a new A3 as well (pretty much the same user interface). There's no way this is by design, they have a bug, just like with the Top View camera (which is more annoying). You can program your favorite 8 stations on the buttons, so there you have that functionality at least.
What's the issue with the top view camera? I haven't had problems with mine.
Old 03-07-2018, 01:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

What's the issue with the top view camera? I haven't had problems with mine.
The fact that it resets to just the ultrasound graphics all the time, instead of remembering that you had it turned on. At least the S4 owners are universally plagued by it.
Old 05-07-2019, 12:30 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I have a 2018 A5 Sportback with the same problem. Very annoying! Why the Hell doesn't Audi fix this?
Old 05-08-2019, 03:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Our A4 sedan works correctly, but the Allroad has both the "not staying in Presets" and the "not staying in Top View" problems. The MMI software in the Allroad is a **later** version than the sedan, so the appearance of these bugs is unnecessary and reflects a flawed design process. Fortunately for me, I drive the sedan most of the time. It would be nice if Audi fixed these bugs and let us update the MMI software, but I'm not holding my breath.

Quick Reply: Problem with Radio Presets