A4 allroad (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 allroad quattro 2017-

radio default setting

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2017, 06:46 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default radio default setting

Trying to get radio to default to the pre-set position instead of the last station that was listened to. My B-8 alllroad did this but can't get the 2018 B 9 to do this. Any ideas?
Old 08-29-2017, 06:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by six gun
Trying to get radio to default to the pre-set position instead of the last station that was listened to. My B-8 alllroad did this but can't get the 2018 B 9 to do this. Any ideas?
As far as I know, it always goes back to the station you were listening to. I have one of the preset buttons set to my default station and use that to switch to radio instead, and it works perfectly.
Old 08-31-2017, 12:50 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Yes, it will default to the last station listened too, prior to being turned off. The issue is, it will default to band selection, (i.e. sirius, FM AM ) and not the pre-set selection settings.
Old 09-04-2017, 11:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Yes, it will default to the last station listened too, prior to being turned off. The issue is, it will default to band selection, (i.e. sirius, FM AM ) and not the pre-set selection settings.

I might not have explained what I meant properly.

On mine, it definitely changes both the band/source and the frequency, when I press a preset. For example, present #1 = 91.3 FM, Preset 2 = channel 99 XM. Pressing these two buttons changes between FM and XM correctly.

So, pressing preset #1 at any point both drops me into radio and chooses the radio station; because I only really listen to one radio station 90% of the time, that preset button becomes my 'switch to radio' button.
Old 09-05-2017, 12:05 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

And I may have not expressed my frustration well, When the engine is turned off, the radio will default to the last station (band) that was listened to. If I was listening preset #2 on my pre-set list say sirius 80's, when I start the car back up the 80's station is still playing but I must go back to my presets and push the left hand push switch to call up the band selection mode to change the band selection back to presets as it has defaulted to the sirius band, not remained on the preset band, as my 2015 allroad did.

thanks for your patience.
Old 09-05-2017, 05:39 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

And I may have not expressed my frustration well, When the engine is turned off, the radio will default to the last station (band) that was listened to. If I was listening preset #2 on my pre-set list say sirius 80's, when I start the car back up the 80's station is still playing but I must go back to my presets and push the left hand push switch to call up the band selection mode to change the band selection back to presets as it has defaulted to the sirius band, not remained on the preset band, as my 2015 allroad did.

thanks for your patience.
I may have misunderstood your request, but have you used the radio switch that is right in front of the gear selector? If you press up on your RADIO button above the gear selector, four times, it will cycle through the four options (AM, FM, XM and PRESETS). Then you can use the volume **** next to the gear selector and slide left or right to change easily between the preset stations.

Let us know if you figure it out.
Old 09-07-2017, 02:32 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by MinnesotaRob
I may have misunderstood your request, but have you used the radio switch that is right in front of the gear selector? If you press up on your RADIO button above the gear selector, four times, it will cycle through the four options (AM, FM, XM and PRESETS). Then you can use the volume **** next to the gear selector and slide left or right to change easily between the preset stations.

Let us know if you figure it out.
I tried your idea, and while it makes it easier to get back the presets (one step rather than 2, when the engine is turned off, the radio still reverts back to either sirius, AM or FM. and not presets)

As I said your way makes it easier as I don't have to click down on the left switch and the turn the joy *** around till I get to presets and then select. I can now just use the radio selection switch. Thanks