A4 allroad (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 allroad quattro 2017-

some minor quibbles...

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2018, 05:19 PM
BSW
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default some minor quibbles...

Radio:
Why can't the display show which station you already have selected?
I sometimes have either no sensitivity wherein the radio doesn't respond to my touch, or it gets stuck as though my finger is on it (and keeps appearing in the MMI interface) both minor annoyances, but makes the radio touch pad less than what it could be, I worry about how it will last after a few more years of cycling hot and cold if it's already this erratic.

Auto start-stop:
Is there a way to disable the engine turning off through some combination of opening the door, unplugging the seatbelt, and putting it into park? since it seems to stay on if it needs to (for air-con?) it's a random number generator if the car is on when i get back in after picking up my mail. I'd prefer it just stay running for all 20 seconds i'm out of the car.

Auto cruise control:
I love the cruise control and the ability to adjust speed with those in front of me, really nice. What I really *don't* like is having it auto adjust to the speed signs on the side of the road, especially when it picks up one on an exit ramp or a traffic zone that everyone's ignoring. Nothing like cruising at 75 and suddenly decelerating (in the fast lane) to 45, it really makes the cruise control almost unusable (and rather unsafe IMO) Is here any way to disable the adjusting based on traffic signs?

TIA!
Old 01-08-2019, 07:05 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Odd, mine has never picked up stray speed limits and gone by whatever I set with the small stalk...!?
Didn't know/realize there's a "safe mode"
Old 01-08-2019, 01:40 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here's one...You can save current tire pressures in the MMI but there is no way to see what the actual numbers are?
Old 01-08-2019, 02:33 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by crystalmountainskier
Here's one...You can save current tire pressures in the MMI but there is no way to see what the actual numbers are?
Correct. Well, actually, no. The tire pressures are not saved, only the rotational frequency and a spectral analysis of the vibrations of each. The theory is that any loss of pressure will cause that tire to change its vibration patterns and thus be reported. See also: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tire-p...#Indirect_TPMS

The downside is that you will not see the actual tire pressures. The upside is that you can change to winter wheels and tires, drive a few miles, and reset the TPMS in the MMI. It means there are no expensive sensors and transmitters inside each wheel.
Old 01-10-2019, 07:25 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BSW
Radio:
Why can't the display show which station you already have selected?
I sometimes have either no sensitivity wherein the radio doesn't respond to my touch, or it gets stuck as though my finger is on it (and keeps appearing in the MMI interface) both minor annoyances, but makes the radio touch pad less than what it could be, I worry about how it will last after a few more years of cycling hot and cold if it's already this erratic.

Auto start-stop:
Is there a way to disable the engine turning off through some combination of opening the door, unplugging the seatbelt, and putting it into park? since it seems to stay on if it needs to (for air-con?) it's a random number generator if the car is on when i get back in after picking up my mail. I'd prefer it just stay running for all 20 seconds i'm out of the car.

Auto cruise control:
I love the cruise control and the ability to adjust speed with those in front of me, really nice. What I really *don't* like is having it auto adjust to the speed signs on the side of the road, especially when it picks up one on an exit ramp or a traffic zone that everyone's ignoring. Nothing like cruising at 75 and suddenly decelerating (in the fast lane) to 45, it really makes the cruise control almost unusable (and rather unsafe IMO) Is here any way to disable the adjusting based on traffic signs?

TIA!
Auto cruise control:
you can turn off the function, of your car matching its speed to the signs it passes, in your MMI under driver assistance > adapt cruise control > predictive control

i have mine set off, and it still uses the distance pacing feature. when you turn on cruise control, you choose a max speed if someone slower cuts in-front of you the car slows down. to keep a certain distance, from them but when they move away it speeds the car back up to she speed you chose. if the speed limit changes you can easily readjust your max speed, by just pushing the stalk up or down.