A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

*Rant* Guess what happened to Aaron today?!

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2003, 09:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default *Rant* Guess what happened to Aaron today?!

Alright....

Well, I think my dreams of taking my car to stage III have just been shot with this and quite frankly, this is getting out of hand.

1st Audi 100 - Fine, no problems, light mods, overall fun.
2nd Audi ( A4 ) - Fine, except problems with alternator belt, timing belt, heavier mods, overall fun, but starting to be a pain.
3rd Audi ( A4 again ) - Had for 1 1/2 weeks and then was smashed by an SUV. Yes, a teenage girl was driving the car too. Only mod was the X-Chip and Tipchip. Fun while it lasted.
4th Audi - S4 - Had this puppy for what.... 2 1/2 weeks this time. Ran great, boosted fine, checked it with Vag-Com and everything was fine. Didn't see any cracks, didn't hear any whines, didn't hear any weird noises from the turbos..... and then today when I'm driving it, getting on the freeway and shifting into 3rd when:

*SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTCHHHH TCH TCH TICK, ***BOOOOOM!*** black smoke starts coming from under my hood, can't see ****, pull over with flashers on and get out and pop the hood to fine:

1) Both turbos, gone.
2) Hoses with some of the worst cracks I've ever seen.
3) BPV missing somewhere down in the engine bay because it wasn't were it was supposed to be.

I had some nice people stop just behind me and call for a flat bed truck to come pick me up. Ironically, they were driving an A6 wagon. Anyways.........

I'm not trying to scare anyone out of buying an S4 because honestly they are an awesome car. Tip or 6spd alike.... however, the Audi demon seems to be haunting me worse and worse. The best damage I got from the dealer on the amount of work needed to be done was just around $9,000 for everything to be brought up to code, replace, refasened and back to normal.

First word of hearing this I said out loud:

"Are you ****ing kidding me?.... 9 grand to revert it back to stock?"

So, upon doing this, the car itself had 1 month of Audi Assured left on it. Since I wasn't about to keep this car now that this has happened, I exercised my option to give it back to Audi and coop (sp?) my losses.

What a fun story huh? Well, I guess K04maddness or anyone else isn't going to get a run for their money in this car and I'm back to hunting for a good one.

However, on a side note, going back to driving my 100 Audi, I can't help but think..... ahhhh, old, but faithful.

Cya guys around.
-Aaron-
Old 08-12-2003, 09:26 PM

Default holy crap man!

I'm sorry, that sucks big *****.

Hold off for a while and pick up a B6 like you planned...or get a friggin honda!
Old 08-12-2003, 09:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default hmmm, no more engine.

that is certainly less than optimal.
Old 08-12-2003, 09:35 PM

Default Yeah.... I'm not in the car buying mood anymore.... this **** seriously needs to stop happening...

to me.
Old 08-12-2003, 09:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Understatement of the year, folks
Old 08-12-2003, 09:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default maybe you should take public transportation for a while

and hope that the gremlins find somebody else to reap havoc on.
Old 08-12-2003, 09:39 PM

Default no ****.

and if I start seeing things outside the bus attacking it.... then I'll start to worry for my sanity.
Old 08-12-2003, 09:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default dont worry untill the gremlin is actually DRIVING the bus............. then worry

and start begging any good looking women on the bus for one last screw before the gremlin drives the bus into something solid vertical and concrete
Old 08-12-2003, 09:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default who's aaron??

hehe, i'm joking... just trying to lighten your spirits. sorry to hear the news though.
Old 08-12-2003, 09:48 PM

Default there are some really funny truths to that statement....

Of which, I'll just laugh at. :-)

Quick Reply: *Rant* Guess what happened to Aaron today?!