A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

1.8T for sale open questions to forum

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2000, 04:49 PM
s moyle

Default 1.8T for sale open questions to forum

I have a mint car for sale (97 1.8T) with all the mods you could want for, and have not received one single phone call and only one email. Can you check my ad/price in classifieds and let me know WTF? Newspaper ad was more brief only mentioned chip/susp. and the pertinant stock info.

If anyone knows Mike from Long Island who called me and was coming to NJ last month I lost his numbers (idiot I know) He had a GSR stolen and totalled from Boston about a month ago. Thx, SM
Old 02-23-2000, 04:59 PM
ME

Default I would take the 'NON QUATTRO" bit out of the ad and just leave it as FWD-

No need to remind people that it's not a Quattro.
Old 02-23-2000, 07:54 PM
readme

Default Re: 1.8T for sale open questions to forum

Would take chip out of car and no need to mention any mods for the ad in the paper.
Old 02-24-2000, 02:52 AM
toms

Default Re: 1.8T for sale open questions to forum

I usually buy a new car every year.....I always sell my cars myself, the thing I have learned is that if the car is as bone stock as the day it was delivered it will sell the fastest and easiest. Also I check the newpapers to see what they are selling for and put it in for a few hundred dollars less than all of the rest. I sold my 99 Passat to get the 00 A4 in less than 3 days and was still recieving calls for the car 2 weeks after it was sold. It was a 5sp gls with alloys and sunroof, that is all and got $19,500 exactly what I asked. People commented on how they would not even try to negotiate as I was asking a fair price. Just dont be to optomistic on price and you should be OK. I hope this helps some.
Old 02-24-2000, 12:11 PM
s moyle

Default Re: I would take the 'NON QUATTRO" bit out of the ad and just leave it as FWD-

Believe it or not, I had that back in Jan. and people would ask if FWD meant four wheel drive! Now, I dont know anyone with quattro who wouldnt state Q instead of FWD but oh well.