A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

2 SPEEDING TICKETS IN 1 MONTH 95mph & 80mph ADVICE PLEASE!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-1998, 07:12 AM
Miles

Default Re: Urban legend?

Someone had posted on this topic a few weeks ago, and I'm pretty sure the whole thing ended up being chalked up to another urban myth. A search in the archives should come up with the whole discussion. <p><br>Miles
Old 12-17-1998, 08:10 AM
RSF

socal freeways are very well lit
Old 12-17-1998, 08:52 AM
PhilJ

Default You're welcome, but here's my Disclaimer...

Like phred said and cautioned, never ever take what's posted on the Internet as actual legal counsel, and I would request that if things don't work out, that you don't show the judge a printout of my post and say, "but Your Honor, _this_ is what PhilJ said in his post on the Internet..." because he might bust a gut laughing... Well, you get the idea...<p>I was just explaining what _I_ learned when I went to traffic court, and what my friend did to get out of his ticket. I'm not saying that it will necessarily work, either...<p>If I were you, I might look around and ask a _real_ lawyer what you should do...<p>The only thing that I _do_ recommend is that you definitely go to the arraignment and at least say "school" and don't just blindly pay the ticket via the mail. You'll most likely save some money that way, unless you don't get paid for the time you will be taking off from work... At least you'll have a chance that the judge will reduce your fine...<p>-Phil
Old 12-18-1998, 09:53 AM
LCP

Default Move to Houston; go as fast as you want

In Houston, HPD, except for the traffic units (<10%), don't have radar and generally don't seem to be very concerned with speed. Speed enforcement on the freeways is only in a few spots (the Metro police have all but given up on catching speeders on the freeway--admission by an officer on TV). The constables, sherrifs and suburban/small city police will do speed patrol in the residential neighborhoods, but otherwise they just drive around with the radar on (easy to detect). It's just not a priority; I think that most cops are actually trying to do something about crime instead of generating revenue by writing tickets, although the red-light-running thing is getting out of hand and enforcement really needs to be stepped up here (I think I've heard that some effort is being made).
Old 12-18-1998, 10:19 AM
Dank

Default Someone said they were trying it at the time, forget who though. Anyone? Results?

?