A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

3 yr. 2.8 Avant Warranty is up on 10/22. My Comments. Any advice on fixes I should have checked?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2000, 06:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3 yr. 2.8 Avant Warranty is up on 10/22. My Comments. Any advice on fixes I should have checked?

What a great car!!! 36k miles. I only wish I had a S4 Avant. Maybe next.

I am going to get in a final oil change. Wipers will get replaced also.

I have had the rightlower control arm replaced

The best part has been the handling, especially in the rain and snow. I don't think I'll ever own anything except a quattro from now on. Washed every 2 weeks and wheels cleaned with Windex and Bounty paper towels every other day until I put Mintex Redbox's on. Now I clean the wheels about once a week. It is a different kind of dust obviousely, but a WHOLE lot less dust. I receive less dust in a week compared to what I received in a day with the stock pads. Of coarse they don't have the grip like the stocks do, but they work just fine.

Stock Bose in the Avant sounds better than the sedans do. It ROCKS!!!

Griots garage wax stuff is holding up better than Mequiares wax did.

It's been a fun ride.
Dave K.
98.0 Avant QTTT Santorian Blue
99.9 Passat 1.8 APR

Repairsin order)
Passenger seat spring was sticking out - repaired spring easily.
CD changer replaced.
Dealer replaced all 4 wheels due to spraying wheel cleaner and not rinsing off soon enough. Wheels turned white.
Rear window washer not functioning.
Remote range corrected. Hey it works from my mom's basement now. Wow!
Review mirrors replaced because of not heating. I have pretty much givin up on the outside mirrors. I does not matter that much. I don't know if they work or not at this point.
Replaced coolant level Sensor.
Performed KM recall.
Dealer replaced all 4 pads and roters under warranty at 31k miles.
Piece on Passanger seat that the **** connects to recline seat broke. Fixed OK.
Brake resevoir trim piece broken. Replaced OK.

I am told the solenoid purge valve is the ticking I hear. The ticking noise is not there all the time. It sound like valves ticking.

Overall - Extremely, Extremely Happy with this Fine Fine looking/running/handling car. It looks as good or better than then cars on the dealers lot.