A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

A4 1.8t

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2000, 12:19 PM
Josh

Default A4 1.8t

I am 15, and will be 16 in march. I really want to get an a4. All i want is the sport and audio package. My parents are going to let me spend $300/month. Does anyone know where i can get a new a4 for that price...it does not have to be the current model year, as long as it is new...also i was looking at a 48month lease with 12,000 miles per year
Old 02-19-2000, 12:45 PM
Chard

Default Re: A4 1.8t

Hi,

Just to let you know, don't mind the flames if people make any.

Were you looking to buy the A4 or lease it? In my opinion, buying is the best way to go. What area are you in? If you're in the bay, you can call my broker (whom I bought my A4 with) and he can get the car for invoice. He charges $300 for his service, but I feel that's fair. E-mail if you have nay questions.

Chard
99.5 1.8TQMS SILVER
Old 02-19-2000, 12:47 PM
Chard

Oops, I didn't read the last line...I dind't know u wanted to lease.
Old 02-19-2000, 01:06 PM
KS

Are you shopping for a car or a stereo on wheels?
Old 02-19-2000, 09:11 PM
prvanwijk

Default To be honest with you Josh....(long)

although I share your love for the Audi A4 there is something I would like for you to consider that I have learned through hard lessons. I got my truck brandnew when i was 19 years old, a gift from my dad who let me pick my dream vehicle at the time (a 1992 S 10 blazer 4dr 2wd). I was very happy with it until i got into my first accident, took a corner too sharp and ended up w body damage on the drivers side of my truck. 2 other mishaps have since occurred (1 my fault, 1 another driver) and needless to say it wasnt the same. In addition it has gone through an engine rebuilt. In retrospect, i should have gone for a used vehicle that if dented would not have been as bad as with a brandnew vehicle. Because it is inevitable that you will have a few mishaps in the first few years of gaining experience in driving.

I am 28 now, have logged over 240000 miles of driving my truck and various other vehicles of smaller and bigger scale compared to my truck and learned a lot. My truck is looking better again but it is simply time to step up to the next level, an Audi A4 Avant i hope to acquire sometime in the summer.

Josh, I understand you are very attached to this auto because i have fallen in love w it myself. I simply want you to spare the anguish of looking at it after a mishap (im telling you it will happen). Spent the first few years driving a preowned audi to quench the urge at least partly (there are quite afew audi 4000, 5000, 80, 90 around here) and once youre more comfortable w your driving skills and have more of a means for it step up to the a4. This is all advice from someone who learned the hard way, i hope you consider it a wish you good luck on the new path of adventure of driving. Good luck, be safe and courteous, and dont drink and drive.

Sincerely,

Peter
Old 02-20-2000, 02:34 AM
James R.

Default I have to disagree....

In all my limited years of driving (I'm 22) I've never had an accident, other than being rear ended at a stoplight. I think it's fair to drop that from my record since there was NOTHING I could do to prevent this from happening...no amount of experience can protect you when you're boxed in at the front and someone rams you from behind.

I know what you mean speaking in terms of statistics, yeah you're more likely to have an accident if you're less experienced...but it's by no means guaranteed, so go ahead and get the car you want.

IMHO I think it's not a bad idea to buy a kid a used car as their first car, more because you need to keep them humble. Giving a car like the A4 (depends where you live) to a youngster could be a bad idea, swell their ego ect ect. More importantly I'd avoid doing things that take their attention away from their studies and interaction with other classmates.

Regards,

James R.

99 1.8TMS (Neuspeed K04, K&N Filter, S4 Wheel Well Liner Mod, Remus Exhaust, Neuspeed Sport Springs, Neuspeed Front Anti Sway, Bilstein Sport Shocks, Brembo Rotors, Mintex Red Box, Ronal R-7's 17" Bridgestone S02 PP, Smartire (neat gimmick), Euro Corners, Clear Sides, Full Tint)
Old 02-20-2000, 07:29 AM
Denver J

Default your only option would be to lease the car (more)

The only way to get that low of a payment without putting down a huge wad of cash would be to lease it. Since I have some experience leasing cars, I would probably not recommend it to you. Very few people are in the correct situation to lease a vehicle, and almost certainly not someone at your age. 12K a year lease? Even with 15K a year you might find yourself blowing through the mileage in just the first 2 years. When I was your age I drove EVERYWHERE and I'm sure that if you get something as upscale as a new Audi, you will want to do the same.

Here's a recommendation for you, why don't you consider purchasing a 96 or 97 used A4, then you won't have to worry about putting a million miles on it.
Old 02-20-2000, 09:27 AM
prvanwijk

Another good point James, thanks for your input. Just an opinion based on my experiences.
Old 02-20-2000, 09:44 AM
Josh

Default Re: A4 1.8t MORE INFO

to add to my previous message:

i live in boca raton, florida so if anyone knowns where i can get a great lease deal around here i would greatly appriciate it.

i am looking to spend $300/month on a lease. I would get a 1999 if it is less expensive in a lease.

I went to "Champion audi" and they where quoting me prices around $400/month wich is way to much.

48month lease/ 12,000 miles a year
(i am willing to cut back on the miles...i really want the car)
Old 02-20-2000, 10:26 AM
James R.

Default I agree with you about getting a used car...there are plenty of used A4's to be had (NT)

Quick Reply: A4 1.8t