A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Anybody know if APR will ever (or plans to) get a So-Cal distributor?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2001, 10:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody know if APR will ever (or plans to) get a So-Cal distributor?

I'm honestly quite amazed that with the size of this market they haven't aggressively tried to get one. Yes, I realize they're high quality and won't take just anybody - but come on, there has to be some shop worthy that would like to peddle their products....

No offense to Arizona at all, but having one there and not in So-Cal (demographically speaking) doesn't make one iota of sense to me.

Right now the main reason I'm really not considering them is that within a 50 mile radius I've got 3 shops w/ GIAC products - and the associated support network that they would offer.

Anybody have any thoughts/rumors/facts to share???
Old 07-01-2001, 03:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have one that will be up and running in the next month. Stay tuned.
Old 07-01-2001, 03:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Well the only thing in question with a new distrib is their soldering skills and with the history

some GIAC distribs have had I'd say that APR is certainly unlikely to do any worse!!!

If I were APR though...or any tuner for that matter, I would require that to become an authorized distrib you must purchase a distrib package. APR should simply kit up everything...EEPROM/FLASH programmer (prolly can just do them with the EMCS programmer actually...pure genius, makes it very affordable to equip your distribs) and a PROPER solder / de-solder station hot air...heated knife whatever. Too many guys are doing this **** with solder wick and a weller...that's no good, can you say holy lifted pad batman!!! You should see some of the $HIT that certain tuners (which I shall not name) have done to customers ECU's. One example...which I'll get a picture of some day if I get a chance will just make you sick to your stomach. They basically trashed several pads...started to lift traces...the proceeded to try and patch it up with wire. Goes w/o saying that the car stalled out...big mystery why. ECU had to be replaced...customer ate it big time :-(

Regards,

James R.