A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Arrrgh! Just got a ticket on my way home from work!

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-1999, 01:13 PM
ChrisWB

Default Arrrgh! Just got a ticket on my way home from work!

45 in a 25. I was going the same speed as the minivan in front of me, but he probably gets an ego boost by getting a sports car. The cop was a total *****. He said "You went from 45 to 33 in less than a second. What's the problem?" I said "It's just a reflex." He says "Are you sure you weren't just testing out the handling in your shiny new car?" Obviously he is jealous, because he probably drives a Neon.<p>What's the difference between "traveling too fast" and "speeding" anyway?<p>Ordering V1 tomorrow.<br>
Old 03-30-1999, 01:19 PM
Steve N.

Default Re: Arrrgh! Just got a ticket on my way home from work!

<br>It's unfortunate that you need to get a speeding ticket first before you<br>really go ahead and order a V1. It's just a reflex for me as well.<p>If it's near your home then you can easily fight it in court. I got<br>one in a different state and I chose to pay the ticket instead<br>of drive 10 hours and risk another ticket.<p>Steve<br>
Old 03-30-1999, 01:29 PM
ChrisW

25? School zone?
Old 03-30-1999, 01:40 PM
ed b.

Default Got a ticket doing 98 in Nevada, WHAT TO DO?

Last week I was driving from LA to Las Vegas and got a ticket doing 98 in what I believe wasw a 70.<br>The ticket was for $190.<br>My question is what repercussions do I face, being a New York State resident. The cop told me that after I mail in the fine I will be issued a test that costs $50 and if I pass, no points. Someone please help.
Old 03-30-1999, 01:54 PM
Brad Franklin

Default Re: Same happened to me.....(more)

50 in a 35 mph zone on my way home. I live in Atlanta, GA...how would I go about fighting the ticket..has anyone succesfully beaten a ticket in GA. This is my first speeding ticket and I have a clean record - does anyone know if GA law allows an option for 'probation' and a fine instead of points on your record?<p>Thanks<p>Brad
Old 03-30-1999, 02:11 PM
Steve S.

I thought you would raise an eyebrow at that
Old 03-30-1999, 02:14 PM
igor

Try Nolo Press on the net, they probably have books about speeding
Old 03-30-1999, 02:23 PM
Jon

What's a V1?
Old 03-30-1999, 02:28 PM
ChrisWB

No school zone - no neighborhood either - just a windy backroad.
Old 03-30-1999, 02:32 PM
ChrisWB

Default Valentine 1 Radar Detector

Many say it's the best out on the market.<br>Lots of info on their <a href="http://www.valentine1.com/" target="_blank">website</a>.

Quick Reply: Arrrgh! Just got a ticket on my way home from work!