A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

black silver blue.....some one help

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2000, 08:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

very cool- glad to see we get two "Dhandas" that have experience on this board :-)
Old 06-20-2000, 09:26 PM

Default cmh

i would wait too....but it doesnt help when i come to this forum everyday and see messages like..."I love my A4"....or.."I raced a prelude today and all I could see were his headlights in my rearview"....i am so impatient thanks to you guys...
Old 06-20-2000, 10:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default second that...but i like silver personally (somewhat bias opinion)

<p>Chard
99.5 1.8tqms Silver, APR, clear corner mod, exhaust mod, some stereo stuff, H&R coilovers on the way...
Old 06-21-2000, 03:36 AM

Default I'll give you the best advise.........

If your coming to the Bellavia meeting on Sunday, why not wait until AFTER the meeting to make your choice. You will see an excellent collection of Audi's at the meeting. All shapes, colors (interior/exterior),exhausts, mods, kits, stereo's, doodads, etc. You might be able to make a more confident decision after talking to some of the NY guys. Not sure who's who??.. just walk right up to someone and introduce yourself. It's that simple...

Al
99.5 1.8tqtsc "Bullwinkle"
Old 06-21-2000, 05:49 AM

Default Consider the Ebony (Volcano) black...it's beautiful up close (more) >

...and better than brilliant black for keeping clean; probably close to the Santorin as they are both dark pearlcoats. That being said, I love dark colours on a car, but yes, they are impossible to keep clean.

Any A4 is a beautiful thing...but if you're going to keep the car for a long time, then you'll forget the few extra months you waited when you have a colour you love.<p>'00 1.8TQS Tip, no mods (yet...)
Old 06-21-2000, 05:58 AM
Cat

Default Ebony Pearl and Vary the RPMs

The ebony pearl looks really sleek, especially with tinted windows. I rarely wash my car and it always looks pretty good--the pearl hides the dirt well. Santorin was my second choice, and I like it because it's more of a fun color, but I'm glad I went with black.

As for your drive back home, the key to making sure your car breaks in well is to vary the RPMs. I had the same problem (only 150 miles, though), and just shifted to a different gear every so often and varied my speed a bit. Try not to stay around the same RPM for more than 10 or 15 minutes. You're trying to make sure the car develops a smooth range of RPMs. Also, avoid redlining the car (don't downshift too far!).<p>Cat
Old 06-21-2000, 06:19 AM

Default The car's options are priority over the color, but i opted for silver.

I recommend you get Quattro, sport and conv. pkgs. and a manual plus anything else that excites you. Then choose from the cars that have the options you are looking for. Don't give up quattro just to get black, you know. If you want manual, don't get a blue tip car. Get the options then choose the color. I've had a dark green car for 5 years so I opted for a light color in the florida sun. Get the SILVER. It is a great color, but metallics are more $ on the 2001s I think. My second choice would have been black btu Audi does look great in the darker blue,...my third choice. None are prevelant around Tampa. Seen a lot of bright reds and yellows, some blacks and only one other silver. If you want a darker car..get the dark blue.

The most important decision has already been made...glad to hear you are opting for the Audi. Good luck on your color choice
Old 06-21-2000, 06:33 AM

Default Re: black silver blue.....some one help

Blue is the ONE. I also ordered my 01 in San. Blue.

Mo
Old 06-21-2000, 06:53 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Black!!!

I like black, but silver is nice as well.
Old 06-21-2000, 06:55 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default oh yeah!

I forgot about Pelican Blue...I saw one the other day, sharp color.

Quick Reply: black silver blue.....some one help