A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Blower motor keeps blowing Fuse #25 and my radio always goes to safe

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 08:03 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blower motor keeps blowing Fuse #25 and my radio always goes to safe

So my blower motor keeps blowing the fuse. It was only once and a while and I thought it was due to the ac. Now the car once turned on not running the fuse blows. I have unhooked the blower motor and the fuse blew, I unhooked the blue wire on the ac unit and it still blows. Any help would be great. I also noticed a 40 amp large fuse blown under the dash F location, whats this for? Has anyone just re-wired the blower motor to the climate control unit?
Old 01-14-2009, 10:26 AM

Default And today's award goes to...

No, you can't rewire the blower to the climate control... FAIL. Fix the cause, not the effect.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

is the blower jammed?
Old 01-14-2009, 12:00 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Re: is the blower jammed?

took the motor out and it was good, even put a fuse in with the motor out and the fuse still blew
Old 01-14-2009, 12:14 PM

Wires are shorting out somewhere... what was the last area you worked on before this happened?
Old 01-14-2009, 12:36 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Re: Wires are shorting out somewhere... what was the last area you worked on before this happened?

when i got the car it was blown put a new fuse in and it worked until someone turned on the defrost or ac, this would blow the fuse. Put a new fuse in and it worked again. Then about a week ago the fuse would start to blow with no reason it seemed, and now its once the key goes on. I had to do front end work, driverside was hit. I was told there is a ground plate in that area that might be causing it. I just dont get how it blows with radio off, blower motor out of car, and climate control off nothing on and you turn the key it blows right away. Any help would be great
Old 01-14-2009, 01:25 PM

Default Ah, here comes the truth then... you bought a salvage title?

Heavy damage in the front, unknown, if any, repairs to the wiring system. No amount of guessing on all our parts will fix that if we can't see the car in person... Time to take it to a reputable mechanic or bodyshop. :-/
Old 01-15-2009, 06:46 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Re: Ah, here comes the truth then... you bought a salvage title?

no heavy damage, bags never blew, is there wiring in the front that has anything to do with the blower motor?
Old 01-15-2009, 10:38 AM

Default There is wiring related to the A/C system that carries high current for the fans...

Don't need heavy damage to have a body shop mess something up while repairing.
Old 10-24-2018, 07:30 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Also issues with the fuse 25

Hey Folks! Wanna revive the thread. Have the same thing happening to the fuse 25 on my A4 Quattro 1999 2.8 with the climate control. Searched forums and disconnected the blower motor with the resistance and the ac compressor with the clutch and it’s still blowing my fuse just after I turn the key, not even starting the car. What could be the thing that pops my fuse? If it’s just the wiring shortage where should I look? Could it be potentially my climate control unit that does this? Thanks a lot!!!

Quick Reply: Blower motor keeps blowing Fuse #25 and my radio always goes to safe