A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

BOV symptoms

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2005, 03:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

your not running a bov. your running a hybrid..big difference
Old 01-08-2005, 03:26 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default lltek sells them so they cant be that bad

i hate lltek. there customer service sucks.
Old 01-08-2005, 04:34 PM

Default most 1.8T owners that have run a full BOV end up either doing a hybrid

So there you go Morrison, you need to run at least a hybrid if you want to run a BOV.

Something has to be said for research hence my starting out with a hybrid BOV - ahead of the curve.
Old 01-08-2005, 04:37 PM

Default Re: lltek sells them so they cant be that bad

I won't have to sample there customer service.

I'll just use there catalogue s a guide and continue to shop for a low price from sensible vendors.

What did you buy from them?
Old 01-08-2005, 04:40 PM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

Default I'm not calling you junior because of your age...

It has more to do with the nature of your posts than anything else. Clearly you've been around cars...enough to know something. How much is a bit of a question. It seems like you know enough to start putting 1 and 1 together, but you're still left making assumptions in order to complete the equation. That's just the general sense I'm getting...I could be off base, and if I am, your future posts will be a clear indication that I'm wrong.

As for why I chose to put junior on that post...it's because your "cut and dry" reply was wrong on two levels.
Old 01-08-2005, 04:47 PM

Default Re: I'm not calling you junior because of your age...

RKA, you are on a fruitless mission. You and I did not see eye to eye from your first response to my post and that has continued.

Please don't expect any change on my posting style to accomodate you, I do not expect the same from you.

As long as we both own Audis we will and should have opinions.

In the interest of the rest of the Guys and the owners of AudiWorld we need to continue to keep it civil and I intend to, but Sir never expect that you can move me to change.

You are anti BOV and I am a proponent of BOV - end of story.
Old 01-08-2005, 07:36 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Slow down there sparky

Most people run it for the sound. There is no performance gain running a hybrid.. it makes it so you only run partially rich as compared to a full BOV, right???

Also, LLTek stuff sucks.. they don't care about much except making things that ricers will buy. Just look at the products they sell for starters. Yes, a few things here and there are good, but most of it is just junk.
Old 01-08-2005, 08:24 PM
AudiWorld Super User

nothing..they didn't want my money.
Old 01-09-2005, 03:04 AM

Default Re: Slow down there sparky

I disagree with you on all counts.

LLTek offers leading edge products perharps at a premium but I won't hold it against them since they are nor FORCING me to buy it. I'll compare there catalogue to yours eh.

No one, not even the manufacturer sells BOV because of performace gain. It's for the sound which I rather like and WILL continue to have on my car. End of story.

Theres many crapola I've seen on folks sigline on here that I find deploring, but me as an enthusiast won't be critisizing them and won't be losing sleep on it just becasue I don't care for it and won't have it on my car.
Old 01-09-2005, 06:36 AM

Default ALL counts?!?

Even this "Most people run it for the sound. There is no performance gain running a hybrid.. "
...confusing since you say " No one, not even the manufacturer sells BOV because of performace gain. It's for the sound which I rather like and WILL continue to have on my car."

Quick Reply: BOV symptoms