A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

can anyone compare LLTek's winter mats to the McNeil Weathershields?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-1998, 02:08 PM
Jon C

Default can anyone compare LLTek's winter mats to the McNeil Weathershields?

I have a set of McNeil Weathertechs from my old C280 that I'm using in the Avant: the rears fit fine, but the fronts are not quite right. I'm considering either:<br>a) new front McNeil Weathertechs, ~$45, plus possibly a Weathershield rear hatch mat (~$89) or<br>b) LLTek's 5 piece set ($89). <p>The McNeils are very stout and I leave them in all year... can anyone describe the LLTek mats: if they're not comparable I'll just buy new Weathertechs<p>Thx.
Old 12-02-1998, 08:59 AM
Victor

Default Re: can anyone compare LLTek's winter mats to the McNeil Weathershields?

Got the LLTek "winter" mats (5 pc set) about a month ago. Overall am quite pleased and they fit perfectly to the contours of the floor. I'll probably keep them in year round.<br> <br>The mats are carpeted (but not thick) and the fronts have curves that fit it up on the center hump a little. All the mats fit very tight and exact (e.g. around the dead pedal) with raised edges around most of it. Drivers side has a reinforced courdory-looking pad under the pedals for that wear from the heels. Drivers side has holes for the fasterners but the passenger side doesn't. Fits OK though.<p>The only minor complaint I have is that the rear driver side mat doesn't have a lip on the front of it so any wetness there may leak out under the drvier's seat.<p>We'll see how they hold up to snow/wet. Hasn't snowed here in Boston yet!<p>The trunk liner is cheap looking and isn't form fitted to the trunk, but it has raised edges and is effective.<p>I bought the McNeil's (fronts) for my wife's Volvo 850, haven't put them in yet but they seem to be quite "stout" as you say.<p>Hope this helps,<br>Victor<br>98 1.8TQMS<p><br>