A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Cheated by the Audi Dealer

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2000, 03:55 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You sure sound dissapointed that you have to buy a bimmer :-)
Old 04-03-2000, 05:54 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My dealer forgot to add in his profit - noticed it a few months later when car came in!
Old 04-03-2000, 12:21 PM

Default Wow, that's an old dealer trick!......

If you are too tough a negotiator, the dealer will make you thing he caved and give up......then when you smell victory and he knows you're off your guard, he wants you to pity his mistake and will suddenly find some forgotten charge. This can happen with ANY dealer, not just AUDI.
Old 04-03-2000, 05:02 PM
mbh

Default NorCal Audi vs. BMW Dealers

For all the complaining people do about their Audi dealers, we in NorCal have at least a few dealerships where people seem reasonable and service is good to excellent. (You know the usual suspects by now: Rector, Diablo, Anderson-Behel on a good day ;-)

On the other hand, I find it hard to believe that BMWs continue to march out of showrooms at a prodigious rate given the attitude of the NorCal Bimmer dealers I have visited. I have yet to actually test drive a Bimmer since the local dealers I have contacted see no reason to allow test drives since every single car will be sucked up in a matter of seconds after it lands on the lot. Recently, BMW USA added a feature to its web site allowing you to build the car optioned as you like and then send this info to the local BMW dealer who is supposed to call and arrange a test drive ASAP. In my case, there was one initial contact and a promise to call back which whas never followed up.

I guess some people will put up with anything just to own a Bimmer....

Mitch
'99.5 A6
Old 04-04-2000, 01:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: It sounds like it was YOUR mistake...

I distinctly asked him whether or not leather was included in the deal we negotiated on. He told, "Of course, that's what you want isn't it?" And i see where your coming from and i admit that i should have reminded him, but i came into the dealership ready to make a business deal. He was there to negotiate and deal and he WAS good. And i calculated... even with the loss of the leather option price, the dealership still earns 1000$.

Nonetheless, they admitted that they were wrong and said they didn't want to bother with a lawsuit. So i am sitting here happily and satisfied with a new audi parked in the garage.

I thank you and everyone else for your input.
Old 04-04-2000, 01:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: You think BMW dealer will be less arrogant? Ha!

Here is my theory:

Before my new audi, i drove a 93 AC Schnitzer S3. Back then the prices were reasonable ( in my opinion). But now, (I was deciding on Audi 2.8 or 328) it was incredible how much they charge for the options! My friend recently bought a bmw 328i, even though he loves it, it cost him 43k + fees.

Now back to my theory- the productions of the X5 and the M5. That is why bmw is overpricing all their cars. Since 3's are hot sellers right now, they rip the consumer's off through the options. Basic 323 is around 27k but including options it rises close to 35 for reasonable neccessities. (Another reason why i chose audi). Another reason? They didn't expect me to have the money to afford the 3 series, since i'm only in college right now. Thus, when i asked to test drive the 328, the salesperson gave me the keys and asked me to take it out for a spin. The questions i wanted to ask were unanswered and i couldn't find the salesperson after i came back with the car.