A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

CLAIR PARTS' CD CHANGER doesn't have right connectors.

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-1999, 06:39 PM
Richard

Default CLAIR PARTS' CD CHANGER doesn't have right connectors.

I just got a CD changer from Clair Parts. I have a 99.5 A4 1.8T so I ordered the Panasonic CD changer. first of all, the Changer doesn't have the name Panasonic on it anywhere. Secondly, the connector that os on the changer is round, while the connection socket in my car is rectangle. Am I looking at teh right socket or did Clair just send the wrong changer. BTW, I revisited their site and the reference number matches the one on the changer. HELP ASAP!
Old 11-17-1999, 07:04 PM
Mark K

Mine had the round connector.
Old 11-17-1999, 07:11 PM
DaveL

OEM Changer is made by Panasonic but is not labeled as such. Keep searching for the round connector
Old 11-17-1999, 07:46 PM
Richard

Default Re: Mine had the round connector.

I couldn'r find any round connector in the compartment, just a rectangle one with a red plasctic cover. Where could I find the round connector relative to this?
Old 11-17-1999, 07:49 PM
James

Default You probably found the integrated cell phone connector . . .

Hey Richard,

I did just that when I got my used OEM 6-disc changer from Ruben G. I e-mailed Ruben back and he directed me to the area where your jack is stored (under your left taillamp, as opposed to just behind the left rear wheel well.) Sure enough, I was able to find the correct, round connector for the CD changer.

You know what's funny, When my CD changer arrived, the unit had obviously been taken completely apart. the mounting screws were actually jammed inside the changer, and the changer door was completely off. Maybe it's because Ruben packed it in a PIAA box, and they were looking for the fog lamps.

Hope this helps.

James Wu
<a href="http://vancouver.a4.org" target="_top">Vancouver A4 Club</a>
1998 Black 1.8tqa

<a href="http://home.mdi.ca/james561" target="_top">James' Audi A4 Page</a>
Old 11-17-1999, 08:27 PM
Mark K

Default The round connector usually has a grey piece of foam tied around it.

Since mine came with the Bose option which I didn't want, the dealer gave it to me free but took the changer - cheap bastards - so the connector was just hanging there. Try James' suggestion and let us know if you find it. Many people found it behind the rear wheel well.

Mark
99.5 1.8T qms
Old 11-17-1999, 11:27 PM
cn

Default Also, round connector. CD came in Panasonic box. (more)

I also have a 1999.5 and ordered from Clair. I didn't look for a Panasonic label, but remember that there was an Audi label.

Also, Andy H posted today that the reason the changer came with the notice to set the "mounting angle adjustment screws" to the vertical position is because the 1999 had the changer mounted in the vertical position, whereas the 1999.5 mounts it in the horizontal position. (I'm a mindless droid and followed the instructions to the letter -- no problems with the drive in that position, though. I haven't gotten around to changing the position back to "H".)

Also, there was a post a while back that someone had problems with his Clair CD changer, and traced it down to a defective unit, since others did not have the same problem (inability to access CDs other than the first one).
Old 11-18-1999, 06:23 PM
Richard

Default Re: CLAIR PARTS' CD CHANGER doesn't have right connectors.

Thanks all...I got the changer in and it's up and running. BTW, for anyone else with the same problem, the connector is on the right side of the metal rack where you put the changer. The actual connection part is covered with some grey foam. I just removed the rack to put in the changer. It made it easier to screw in all 4 screws. Thanks again!