A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

College Grad Financing

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2000, 04:29 PM
College Senior

Default College Grad Financing

I'm a college senior getting ready to graduate this May. I really love the A4 and I want to get one ASAP. Anyone here purchase an A4 with the Audi College Grad Financing Program? How was the experience? Were the dealers helpful? Thanks for your help.
Old 02-22-2000, 04:43 PM
doug

i went in for this program, but found it too limited. i got a better deal in the end anyway...
Old 02-22-2000, 05:38 PM
Travis

I did initially, but ended up with a better APR through a credit union
Old 02-22-2000, 05:40 PM
College Senior

Default What do you mean by "better deal in the end anyway?"

What exactly do you mean by this - did you finance the car this way and still got a good deal? What do you mean by "limited?" Thanks for your post. I can use all the help I can get.
Old 02-22-2000, 05:43 PM
College Senior

Default Which Credit Union?

Which bank did you finance with? Did you finance the car with this financing at first then refinanced with the credit union after a few months? Thanks for your post. I can use all the help I can get.
Old 02-22-2000, 05:45 PM
Travis

LAPD... I got 7.75%.. Audi wanted 8.9%
Old 02-22-2000, 05:50 PM
College Senior

So you purchased with the LAPD when you signed the dotted line and not refinanced??
Old 02-22-2000, 06:03 PM
Travis

Default here's how it went (more)

Shortly after graduating college I could no longer live without an A4 :-) So I got pre-approved financing through the lapd credit union. When I actually bought the car, the credit union was closed and I needed to increase the size of the loan by a couple thousand to cover tax, reg, lic etc... So the dealer suggested financing through Audi college grad program. They approved me and whatnot, but the next day when the credit union opened I got the loan increased, called the audi dealer and told them not to bother with the audi financing and brought them a check from the credit union. I hope that makes sense. Let me know if you need any other info or ?'s

-Travis
Old 02-22-2000, 06:22 PM
College Senior

Default Re: here's how it went (more)

Thanks for the info. Just like you, I can't wait for an A4 too. So, I want to find a bank that will let me defer payments for 3 months or so (b/c I don't make enough money right now). After graduation, its no problem. Do you know if the Audi financing will do that? B/c my credit union doesn't. Is it possible to refinance after graduation if I find a lower APR (like my credit union)? Thanks again for your patience and help.
Old 02-22-2000, 06:45 PM
Travis

Default Re: here's how it went (more)

From memory, Audi will not defer payment. When I went through it they verified that my current income was sufficient. Also (from memory) you had to have already graduated to qualify for the special financing. I'm not sure if audi will re-fi the car three months out. I think you have to do it from the time of purchase. I can't remember the specifics though, I had just graduated (July 99) and was already in a job, so it wasn't an issue. Might want to call the Audi 800 # or look on the website and find out the details

Quick Reply: College Grad Financing