A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Cross your fingers guys...the prospective buyer will be here at 6:30...

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 12:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Cross your fingers guys...the prospective buyer will be here at 6:30...
Old 06-03-2008, 12:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey pete, not to late to turn back
Old 06-03-2008, 12:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wrong pelican, but both keep talking about selling.
Old 06-03-2008, 01:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default a comment....

I would not sweat it too much, quality used cars are few and far between out there. I'd bet they'll jump on it as long as the needs(no deferred maintenance) have been taken care of and the miles are not too high. Credit is being tightened which has hurt new car buyers to some degree. It will probably help the used car market in some aspects. Good luck tonight.
Regards
Old 06-03-2008, 01:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I know... just saw a couple people calling shawn that and figured what the hell

used to live no more than 2 miles from his house in florida, till I moved to nh
Old 06-03-2008, 01:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Good luck man...Sad day...

But we all have to move on...

I'm in the same process for our Avant right now also, just now getting interest in the car...
Old 06-03-2008, 01:26 PM

No worries, it's a beautiful machine. I'm sure the right buyer will come along.
Old 06-03-2008, 03:02 PM

DON'T DO IT!
Old 06-03-2008, 04:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Prospective buyer just left...Was here for about 1h 15m...

Real nice guy. This was his 3-4th Audi that he had looked at. He's interested in Audi's but not too familiar with them.

I decided to give him the quick rundown on the "normal" B5 A4 issues, things that I have already replaced, upgraded, etc.

I went ahead an put the car on ramps, pulled the belly pan, and had him start there. I showed him where the PS hose was slightly leaking (stupid worm gear clamps...), and allowed him to see that there isn't any other residue from oil, trans, coolant, etc. However, when I pulled the belly pan, I noticed that the Passenger Side CV Boot is cracked and spewing grease...showed him that too...then took a peak under the hood.

Took a tour of the outside showed him the dent from the autistic kid's mom that backed into the car, light scratches and dings from the PO, etc. I told him to feel the paint and let him know that it hasn't been waxed or zainoed since September and it still looks that good (he was definitely surprised about that) and feels that smooth (claybar FTW!).

Then we moved onto the interior. Since he isn't an A4 guy, I laid out all the goodies that the '01.5 came with and the A4 in general.

After that we moved onto the test drive. I showed him how the APR chip works to switch between modes and started him out in Stock mode. Since my clutch is a bit heavy, that gave him enough time to get used to it before we brought on the the chipped power. He got to feel the stock powerband and see how well it drove under normal conditions. We wend for a good 10 mile drive around and then I had him switch it over to 93oct chipped mode.

This allowed him to feel the distinct difference between the stock/chipped mode and then we ventured out a bit further to allow him to get the car up to cruising speed. After he got a good feel for the car/suspension, I had him pull over so we could switch and I could let him feel the car more at it's limit... =)

I drove back the same way we came rolling into the throttle and getting the car up to a good clip, and then told him to hold on so I could show him the A8 Brakes. He was definitely not expecting them to stop the car that fast! We then proceeded through my drive home from work which has this great uphill s-curve with camber that I can usually take at around 52 mph...wel we went through at around 56mph =)

Needless to say he seemed very pleased with the suspension/handling as well as the power that it offered.

-His main concern is the mileage that she's at (understandably).

I told him that I would send him some links to the Audi World B5 Forum FAQ, Buyers Guide, my Screen Name, and the B5 forum. That way he can do some research on the B5, and ask you guys some questions and look up some of my old posts if need be.

He said that he would get back to me by the end of the week or sooner and that he might want to bring his dad out to check it out as well. I told him I had no problem with that whatsoever and I'd be happy to meet up with them.

We'll see what happens this week, but he seems interested.