A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Does anyonone have or seen the LLtek sport mirrors. They look sweet in the catalog but I want to know how good the fit and finish looks. Do they really install as easy as LLtek claims?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-1999, 05:20 AM
KevinH

Default Does anyonone have or seen the LLtek sport mirrors. They look sweet in the catalog but I want to know how good the fit and finish looks. Do they really install as easy as LLtek claims?

nt<br>
Old 03-05-1999, 06:05 AM
Tired of replacing mirrors.

Default And does the heating element last longer than the factory mirrors?

HI<br>
Old 03-05-1999, 10:28 AM
Vasilios

Default Re: Does anyonone have or seen the LLtek sport mirrors. They look sweet in the catalog but I want to know how good the fit and finish looks. Do they really install as easy as LLtek claims?

Yes, I purchased them a month ago. LLtek painted them for me and they look terrific! Even better than the pictures. However, they are not easy to install. Basically, the door frame found behind the inner panel has to be loosened in order to get the mirror's flange in place and behind the rubber seals. Even so I encourage you to get them as the car looks far better. One problem though is that the mirror is split at the far end. It sort of looks like a bi-focal lens on glasses. I personally dont like that and it affects my ability to check the rear view quickly. I have to look twice especially at night before I change lanes. The heating element so far works fine.
Old 03-05-1999, 12:37 PM
Cathleen

Default Re: elliptical mirror; a better field of vision than stock

I have the A!AvantGarde sport mirrors (M3 style also) with the elliptical mirrors you mention.<br>I admit it took me a day or two to get used to them. Now, I prefer these over the stock mirrors.<br>When you have them set properly, you can see two lanes of traffic as opposed to just one. I have vitually eliminated the usual "blind spots".<br>I think it is far easier to change lanes as a result.<br>My only gripe is the increased wind noise. It seems that the split-arm design causes wind to be forced through and is louder as a result. Anyway, I just turn up the radio and ignore it, since the better field of vision and sport appearance is worth it.<br>-C.
Old 03-05-1999, 12:49 PM
Cathleen

Default Re: heating element

I'm pretty sure the "defog" element is not in the mirror or the housing itself. My guess is that it's activated by the wiring and hookup that attaches to the mirror hookup. The sport mirrors are not advetised as "heated" and do not appear to have anything in the housing itself. Yet, after attaching the electrical controls, my mirrors work perfectly for defog even on the icy days. (Mind you, they were never designed to be defrosters, only defoggers.)<br>I can physically feel the mirror and housing warm up after I activate my defrost (I have the '96 2.8 model). Sorry to hear you have mirror problems.....mine have never failed in 3 years. Perhaps because the element is not constantly "on" as it seems to be on later A4 models.<br>-C.