A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

From the Drudge...

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2001, 11:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default From the Drudge...

The two hijacked jets that sliced into the World Trade Center nearly crashed into each other before reaching New York City, according to a Federal Aviation Administration employee who works in the Nashua control facility.

FAA air traffic controllers in Nashua have learned through discussions with other controllers that an F-16 fighter stayed in hot pursuit of another hijacked commercial airliner until it crashed in Pennsylvania, said the employee, who spoke on the condition of anonymity.
Old 09-13-2001, 11:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Related to above and Pentagon crash.

I'm pretty confident that the pennsylvania plane was shot down, on more than just my own speculation. But I can only speak of my speculation, so... I was in my apartment about 4 miles from the pentagon after leaving work to watch the coverage. Just before I heard the explosion of the jet hitting, I heard about 8 seconds of low, loud jet traffic. People near me working at Skyline Towers reported seeing an F-16 or F-15 flying overhead toward DC and about 10 seconds later the same explosion I heard. Just guessing, but I feel that the hijackers had looped around dc after missing the first run at the white house (The best way to attack is east on the mall, turn at the monument, and follow the ellipse straight into the back door. No buildings in the way and easiest way to find it as it sits below the surrounding structures). Reports are widespread of seeing the plane loop around the district. Anyway, the plane came around for another run, but possibly saw the incoming fighters and picked the closest target, the pentagon at 9:45. I think the PA plane went down around 10:00 which seems to make sense if it was shot down as the planes would have been just arriving in that vicinity if they had only arrived 10 to 15 minutes earlier in DC which is much closer to an air base. Of course, just guessing here, but seems to make sense from what I've seen and heard. Be interesting to see what comes out. Sadly our company lost one of our sponsors in the plane that hit the pentagon, although I didn't know him.