A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

EEEEK! Clearcoat bubbling!!! Robert, Kaiser, have you gotten yours fixed yet??

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-1998, 09:10 AM
Albert

EEEEK! Clearcoat bubbling!!! Robert, Kaiser, have you gotten yours fixed yet??
Old 12-22-1998, 11:00 AM
Kaiser

Default Use their body shop!

Unbelievable. Doesn't sound like you are having too much fun with your car yet. All I can say is get it to them to fix asap. Where is the clear checking, ie. what body panel/s? I would use their body shop, only because they are an independant, and look at the cars they work on! They have to fix all the Jaguars, Mercedes, and even the new 911's, which at first had chronic paint problems. These guys are good, and they will fix your car for free. Chances are what they do will come out better than the factory job! They had to block out a small blem in my hood from the factory, and you cannot tell it was ever there. This is black paint too. Jennifer will take care of you!<p>Michael<br>
Old 12-22-1998, 12:45 PM
John/TSR

Default hmmmm......you too ????? (more)

I had the plastic moulding on the LR door start to come un-stuck, and took it in - the dealer ordered the replacement moulding, and had it painted by their body shop. I took my car in to have the new moulding installed, and the adhesive cleaner that they used remove the old goo from the paint bubbled the clear-coat. <p>I know what kind of cleaner they use, because I have a can of it and use it on other stuff in the fleet. It has never caused any paint damage on anything else I own...Audi obviously had something wrong with their clearcoat, which probably contributed to the moulding stick-em lifting in the first place. <p>Dealer service guy was mortified, they repainted the door (twice actually...), and I think I'll keep that can of 3M cleaner away from the Audi in the future.<p>Am I alone ???<p><br>John<br>Trained Seals Racing & Paint Removal Services
Old 12-22-1998, 01:23 PM
Steve S.

Default I can't believe YOU said that

This has got to be the first time I have ever heard you complain about anything like this....the small rear sway bar being the only exception. I think your problem is that you forget where the bucket, soap, and sponge are kept.<br>:-P.....I thought your car was sable brown for awhile there....<p>Merry Xmas...<p>Steve Somebody<br>
Old 12-22-1998, 03:52 PM
Albert

Default Bubbling paint

Well, it's acutally pretty bad, it's on the roof. I can see it, the sunlight kind of hit it in the correct spot this morning and I saw it. First I thought it was just a mark of dirt, but then I saw it was a bunch of bubbles. Not funny! gonna call Jennifer.<p>Albert
Old 12-22-1998, 04:50 PM
John/TSR

Default Well, actually...

The only reason I noticed the moulding was coming loose was that it caught and bent on the front door strip as I was opening the rear. If it was just loose I wouldn't have given a rat's ***...<p>AND...The only reason I have the 3M adhesive remover is to help peel all the old vinyl graphics off the race cars, and to remove the goo from the DAMN AIRBAG LABLES ON THE VISORS. <p>I still think that the best - and most convenient - car was is Pledge. It must be the lemon-y smell.<p>John/TSR<br>Not obsessed with clean vehicles<br>(I only washed my 900SS 4 times this year, and the rest of the fleet got washed....maybe....lessee...oh, yeah - ONCE)(Not including the times I left them out in the rain, which I normally DO count)<p>Life is too short to spend time cutting grass and washing cars.
Old 12-22-1998, 05:28 PM
Steve S.

Default You should have people do that stuff for you

I definitely know how busy you are and know what your priorities are. I only<br>got one baby...versus you and your 9 motorcycles and 10 cars. You have<br>to share your affections evenly between your vehicles or the others will<br>get jealous. I honestly wash my car at least once per week.<p>I wish I had your flexible schedule!<p>Steve S.<br>97 2.8QM