A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

elle tek sport mirror gripes

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-1999, 05:04 PM
brian

Default elle tek sport mirror gripes

hey all.. thought id share with you my experience with the lltek sport mirrors..<p>first of all.. i was expecting to receive these mirrors early last week.. called lltek back and said id have em by friday.. at the latest.. well.. its thursday now.. 6 days later than the latest day they claimed theyd be here by. <p>when the box finally arrived, it was torn.. the right side mirror was chipped and scratched, but im sure a little touch up would take care of it..<p>the mirrors have this "wave-like" finish to em.. kinda like when you dont wet-sand em enough and paint it hoping that the paint would cover the blemishes! <p>installing was relatively easy once you remove the door panels.. the fit is almost oem which is great, but unfortunately im getting terrible wind noise above 60mph.. i even added extra foam and weatherstrip to try to combat the hissing and whistling but to no avail.. <p>im really tempted to return these mirrors and spending the extra money for a set of avant garde mirrors.. <p>o well.. cest la vive..<p>if anyone has any easy fix-its to the wind noise prob, id greatly appreciate it.. <p>thanks<br>brian<p>99 1.8TQM<br>garrett 1bar<br>neu**** filter<br>custom exhaust<br>hks bov<br>neu**** race springs<br>17x8 bbs rx<br>llcrap mirrors<br>etc etc etc<br>
Old 07-01-1999, 06:51 PM
KLHI

another bad LLTek experience! I woud suggest you return them, it looks like you got a bad product.
Old 07-01-1999, 10:17 PM
ChuckH

Don't accept crap! Send them back and get the good ones. Your A4 and your sanity alone is worth the extra $$$!
Old 07-03-1999, 07:11 AM
Cathleen

Default Re: Sport Mirrors (including info on A!AvantGarde's)

Hello Brian:<br>I just wanted to reply to your post. It was a couple days ago, so I hope you check your post again.<br>I have the A!AvantGarde sport mirrors. They are nice from the standpoint they are made of cast aluminum vs. plastic housing that LLTek sells. They are unpainted, however, and are more expensive as you know. The fact that they were unpainted actually worked to my benefit because my car was already almost 2 years old when I had them installed. Since paint changes color over time, there's no way the prepainted mirrors would have matched. By having them painted after you get them, your paint/body shop can take the manufacturer paint codes and then color match to your car specifically, with their computer. However, if your paint shop is marginal, they won't be perfect like an OEM paint job, anyway.<br>Now, as for wind noise. Sorry to disappoint you but that is not because the mirror is cheap, it is because of the design with the mirror altogether. The vents/splits that look so cool redirect air toward the window and it just makes a lot of noise.<br>Lately, I've even seen some car mfgs. specifically put strange looking fins on their mirrors to help REDUCE wind noise generated by their mirrors.<br>I can't say I'm all that happy with the higher wind noise, but I have accepted it because I much prefer the elliptical mirrors which give me a two lane field of vision in each direction. I can see much better with them. It took some getting used to at first, but now, I can't stand getting in a car that doesn't have them! Also, they do look awesome on the car.<br>So, that is the trade off. I think it's worth it, to me.<br>BTW, I've seen another set of LLTek's sport mirrors on someone's car and they looked fine. Maybe they can send you some better ones.<br>-Cathleen
Old 02-18-2019, 10:08 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry wrong thread