A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Excellent dealer experience/Looking for Audi dealer in MA

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2001, 02:24 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Excellent dealer experience/Looking for Audi dealer in MA

I was going to post a message asking for help with removing the sap from my car. I just got it back from the dealer, and now that question is moot.

For 11 (soon to be 12) years I've taken my 1990 Acura Legend to the dealer for service. The dealer, formerly Silko but currently Herb Connelly, has always provided excellent service. The staff is always friendly, the salesman always asks about the car and family (and remembers names), and whatever problem I was having is always gone when I pick it up. Today I picked it up after having it inspected and a little transmission work. Back to the sap question - they washed my car (like they always have, inside and out) and even got all of the sap off of it. This is for a (relatively) minor service. They even do this for simple things like fixing a broken switch or a windshield replacement.

What does this have to do with anything Audi? I'm going to buy an A4 this summer as soon as the right one comes along. Seeing all of the dealer complaints here makes me wonder if any dealer can come close to Silko/Herb Connelly. I live near Framingham in the summer, and in Worcester during the school year. Can anyone recommend a dealer which would make me happy?
Old 05-15-2001, 02:31 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default As in my post a few lines below, I'm very happy with Ira in Danvers

I have had my car for about a year so far and have gotten great service. I actually saw my salesman today when I was there and shot the bs with him for a few minutes. Danvers isn't to close for you though.
Old 05-15-2001, 02:32 PM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

Default Sorry, but a good rule of thumb here is never to let your dealer wash your car.

Typically, they don't take the care that a thoughtful owner would in detailing their car. The result could be swirl marks on the exterior, acidic solvents on the wheels that eat away the clearcoat, and swirl marks on your instrument panel plastic.

I'm **** about my car, and I'm also realistic...the dealer doesn't have two hours to spend washing my car the way I like to, so how can I expect to be happy if they do wash my car? I simply request that they do not wash the car, period.
Old 05-15-2001, 02:33 PM

Bernardi is close to you in Framingham (Natick), Clair is excellent but farthrer away.
Old 05-15-2001, 06:03 PM
APD
AudiWorld Member

Default Another vote for Ira...

Dan Gallagher is absolutely THE BEST salesman I have ever met or dealt with.
Old 05-15-2001, 06:51 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Default No problems so far...

The only scratches on the car are from when someone tried to de-ice it with an ice scraper, instead of starting the car and letting it run a few minutes and then pushing off the ice by hand. No swirl marks or anything. It could be that they just use a high pressure wash or something.

And they were able to get rid of the sap! Man that stuff is awful. Mayb even worse than pollen.