A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Favorite Avant accessories?...and other Avant ramblings.......

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-1999, 05:29 PM
James C

Default Favorite Avant accessories?...and other Avant ramblings.......

23 days old, 1780miles and I love my 99 1.8 TQMS Avant. I'm curious about your favorite avant accessories. Favorite cargo mat, divider, etc. I've installed clear corners and repeaters on silver exterior. I have big plans for RS2 like performance modifications some day (TAP is just an hour away) but am now especially curious about the little things that make your avant so special to you. I can't speak for everyone but I would never have considered a sedan.<br>James<br>99 1.8TQMS Avant
Old 03-10-1999, 07:23 PM
Ray Calvo

Default Re: Favorite Avant accessories?...and other Avant ramblings.......

In order of preference:<p>1) running power lead for Valentine radar detector from fuse panel to just by inside mirror<p>2) Inatalling a CB radio<p>3) Getting rid of toy spare and installing a full-size one<p>4) installing front weather mats (Audi, from Clair. Pretty, but don't hold much water).<p>5) cargo liner (Clair prices are good).<p>Oh, yeah - the 4 extra 15" wheels and 4 Nokian snows to put up with this foul weather<p>car has 30V, Sport suspension and seats. Only other thing I'm debating is Bosch Euro lites, but stock ones aren't bad since my 5-minute realignment. Power is enuf for a daily driver (have tickets to prove it!)
Old 03-11-1999, 10:38 AM
Rick Snyder

Default Why I like my Avant....By RS

James,<p>I'm like you and new as soon as I saw the first picture of an Avant that it was exactly what I wanted. I am 26 and have lots of toys. My list of likes....<p>1) Being able to pop the trunk and sit down while changing into ski/bike/etc attire.<p>2) I can sleep in the back. My futon mattres fits perfectly into the car with the back seats folded down. It was very nice on my trip to San Diego in October.<p>3) Rack space. I have a thule rack mounted to the factory rails. Easily fits the skis, snowboards, bikes, and windsurfer that I have. The rack is mounted further back then recommended, and now does not interfere with the sunroof at all.<p>4) Handling!!!! I have a 30V QMS with a neuspeed chip/filer. This car HAULS, in both ways. I can fit everything I want in and get there faster then you can imagine. With the chip the speed limiter is gone.....I've been up past 140 MPH so far and I think it should make 150 if I have enough room.<p>5) The looks. The Avant just looks SWEET. With the sport pack, the car just squats on the ground. I just love looking at it in an empty parking lot. I get quite a few looks in it around town.<p>Overall it is just the perfect vehicle....unless you want all your friends, or family to hop in. Then it gets a little tight. Other then that there is nothing at all to complain about. I just love my car. You can check out my registry page in the link below.<p>Rick<br>98.5 Avant QMS<ul><li><a href="http://131.107.68.50/a4.org/registry/details.asp?car=937">My Registry Page</a></li></ul>