A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Finally some good service in South Carolina, my thankyou letter

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2004, 12:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally some good service in South Carolina, my thankyou letter

April 28, 2004

Leon Jacobs
Advanced Transmissions
427 W. Butler Rd.
Mauldin, SC

To Whom It May Concern:

I am excited to write this letter and express how happy I am with Mr. Leon Jacobs and the service I received from Advanced Transmissions of Mauldin, South Carolina. After venturing from my home in Colorado, I was in great need of some transmission work for my Audi A4 Quattro. Being new to the area, I asked a few locals and dealerships where I should get my vehicle serviced. A reputable garage suggested I take my car to Advanced Transmissions, and hinted the BMW dealers forward their business to them as well. I met with Leon, and he went out of his way to accommodate the special needs and experimental gearing of my vehicle. In addition, I requested he keep my old transmission, in case the new gears didn't perform as expected. The service was timely, and the price was far less than I had expected, and the transmission performed flawlessly.

Four months later, I encountered another problem; my speedometer was bouncing (a notorious Audi transmission sensor problem). Leon asked me to bring the vehicle in the very next day. Within 15 minutes replaced the sensor from my old transmission that he still had onsite. When I tried to pay he said "No Charge".

Many companies talk about service, Advanced Transmission exemplifies it. If your vehicle needs transmission work and you are within a 100 miles of Mauldin/Greenville area, do yourself a favor and drive past the dealerships and visit Leon. His number is (864) 299-9600.

I have posted to the following forums, in hopes that when my fellow "Tuners" do a search for Greenville, South Carolina, or Transmissions this recommendation letter will appear.

www.Audiworld.com
www.VWVortex.com
www.clubB5.com

Sincerely,

Lance McGinn