A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

friggen State Patrol.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2001, 11:00 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default friggen State Patrol.....

Dammitt all to hell anyway!!

Got pulled over tonight on 35W and 494W.

The damn Police OBVIOUSLY had nothing better to do then mess with me tonight. I was pulled over for ...now catch this...(mind you it was 1:20AM) Illegal window tinting.. What kind of crap is this??? Didn't mention no front plate or clear corners with superwhites...but my damn Platinum tint that was SUPPOSE to be legal anyway!

Tested it...turns out it is a little dark...32%...

He then politely asked if I had been drinking.. Obviously..It is Saturday night and it is bar close...Einstein he was not. Next thing I know..sobriety test. Had to keep my eyes on some damn flash light for five minutes as he waved it back and forth.. Meanwhile, my damn girlfriend is sitting in the car laughing at me... Don't you think it is more dangerous to be standing on the side of the freeway at bar close doing a sobriety test! than actaully enjoying a couple Newcastles with dinner??

Enough said, home safe with NO tickets...what a total *****. Perhaps I need a MADD sticker on my car...Geesh....

Had to vent.
Old 01-06-2001, 11:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Newcastle... my favorite beer !!

Just be glad you didn't get a ticket!
I was at the Jersey Shore over the summer, with my Pelican Blue A4 with bike rack on the roof, and NEW YORK license plates. I was doing nothing wrong. My car has no visible mods.
And I was not drinking that night at all.
But the cop was a total *****, and he gave me a BS ticket for "failure to maintain lane."
(This was after he gave me the sobriety test, and realized that he could not cite me for drinking. He just HAD to give me a ticket for SOMETHING.)

Of course I took it to court and fought it, because it was completely made up. And he LIED on the stand. Fortunately the prosecutor was a human being, and he gave me the minimum penalty with no points. But even that is too much, considering I did nothing wrong.

Look at it this way... the cop was doing his job, keeping drunk drivers off the road and out of our way. And your girlfriend got a good laugh out of the situation. So it was a minor inconvenience.
At least he didn't give you a ticket.

-- Peter
Old 01-06-2001, 11:11 PM
AudiWorld Expert

35W and 494? Partying at Mall of America, huh?
Old 01-06-2001, 11:12 PM
AudiWorld Expert

hmm, maybe Joe Sensors too
Old 01-06-2001, 11:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Actually, coming back from Chino Latinos! (Uptown)

(try to AVOID the Mall of America!)

Be afraid!! Very afraid!!

HAHAHA!
Old 01-06-2001, 11:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default True...True....

Thank God, is all I have to say.
Old 01-06-2001, 11:18 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Default If you were uptown, then this is easy fix ...

Drink 2 Shark Tanks at the smiling moose ... No problems with cops then because you won't likely even find your car in the parking lot at that point.
Old 01-06-2001, 11:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default SHARK TANKS!!! HAHAHAHA!!!

You live around here??

Gotta love the Smiling Moose! I actaully (hypothetically speaking) managed to heist 46 Beer taps from that place!! What am I going to do with them?? I HAVE NO FRIGGEN IDEA!!!!
Old 01-07-2001, 12:31 AM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

Default Sounds like he WAS nice.

No ticket for tint, not ticket for the clears.

I know it's an inconvenience, but look at it this way, he was trying to prevent some idiot from causing an accident. You weren't the idiot he was looking for. Something probably set him off when he first met you...your behavior, the way your eyes dialated, whatever. When he determined that you definitely weren't drunk, he let you go.

Personally, I would be more than happy to oblige 15 minutes of my time once a year if it meant they would get more clowns off the road.
Old 01-07-2001, 06:36 AM
EdP
AudiWorld Uber User

Default Ditto on that. Civic duty - if your clean, don't fret the inconvenience.

They catch a lot more bad guys than they bother us fine folk this way.

Quick Reply: friggen State Patrol.....