A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Gary@Ronal refuses to honor the Quattro Club discount...

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2002, 06:40 AM
Rest In Peace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gary@Ronal refuses to honor the Quattro Club discount...

I emailed Gary over a month ago and asked him what the price was on R38 wheels in 17" form was and he quoted me $189. Three weeks later I realized that Ronal supposedly offers a 20% discount to QCUSA members. I called Gary and he stated that the price was $189, period.

I emailed the president of the Quattro Club informing him that Gary wouldn't honor the discount, and he assured me that Gary would respond within a few days. Well respond he did.

He emailed me telling me that I should be happy to get teh wheels for $189 because they would go for over $300 from a dealer. In fact, he said - my discount was over 50% because of this!!! He even finished the email by telling me my attitude was innapropriate.

Do you guys think this is the proper way to treat a customer, with such unethical pricing? He's luck I even called him in the first place after all of the Gary@Ronal horror stories I've read here!!!

Pleas post your Ronal stories below - I'd like to send a list to the Quattro Club.
Thanks!<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/a4/msgs/1401872.phtml">please list your story!</a></li></ul>
Old 10-29-2002, 06:45 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default it's not even personal experiences with ronal that would prevent me from buying a wheel from him...

just the attitude he carries with him on the forums here.
Old 10-29-2002, 06:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default wait, wait, wait, wait.....

Ronal makes wheels for Audi?
Old 10-29-2002, 06:51 AM
Rest In Peace

A search of "Gary Ronal bad service" just yielded countless bad experiences. :-/
Old 10-29-2002, 06:54 AM

Default Ronal sucks

my personal opinion after seeing how gary handles himself.... both on the forums &amp; with how customers are treated
Old 10-29-2002, 06:55 AM
Pat
AudiWorld Super User

It just gets funnier every time, ya know?
Old 10-29-2002, 07:03 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Doesnt ronal have any other salesman? I would buy from them if they had better sales people.
Old 10-29-2002, 07:04 AM
Rest In Peace

Default Gary is the GM for Ronal USA.

I would have fired him years ago - he is hurting sales badly.
Old 10-29-2002, 07:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default I dunno guys, I bought my wheels from Gary and the service was excellent

I really like the style of the R28 wheel. And in 16" it will fit over my Porsche calipers.

I bought a set from Gary a few months ago, but because of a lack of communication, I ended up getting the wrong wheels. (I did not know this at the time, but the A4 and S4 wheels are slightly different. The S4 wheels have thinner spokes for additional brake clearance.)
Gary offered to take the wheels back, even though they were already mounted on the car. (I got the wheels before I got the brakes.)

When I considered the cost of dismounting the tires and shipping, it was actually easier to just sell the wheels locally. So I did that, and then Gary gave me a break on the price for the CORRECT wheels.

I do not blame him for the confusion. But I am very grateful that he took good care of me.

As an aside... We expect our public officials to be examples of behavior, and we are dismayed when they act any less than exemplarary. We have come to expect the same from salesmen -- because there are SO MANY salesmen out there who kiss a$$ to make a sale.
Well Gary is not one of those people. He is not a politician, and he is not a typical salesman.
He is a real person. He has gotten such a bad rap on this forum that when people do call him for wheels, they are alredy going in with a negative attitude, and Gary will respond in kind.

But if you present yourself professionally you might be surprised to learn that Gary is not all that bad. I would certainly buy from him again.

And Mark -- $189 is the Quattro Club discounted price for 17" wheels.

Just my $0.02,
Peter
Old 10-29-2002, 07:21 AM
Rest In Peace

Default If $189 is the QC discounted price, why did he quote me that price before he knew I was a member?

Then in effect the QC discount is just bait and switch advertising.

I was EXTREMELY polite to Gary, despite the fact that he was obviously evading my questions regarding pricing. If you'd like I can forward you the email exchange.

Quick Reply: Gary@Ronal refuses to honor the Quattro Club discount...