A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Had the ignition module replaced around May 2002 (repost from earlier thread)

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2003, 08:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Had the ignition module replaced around May 2002 (repost from earlier thread)

Do you think it could have gone bad again. I also just replaced the BPV with the new one
and haven't had a problem with the misfires thus far(since yesterday). It has been very
intermittant and in fact didn't actually throw any codes for about a month, then I went to
New Dimensions to have them check for any codes and had none. That day on the way home
from work the check engine light came on and I went back to ND the next day and they
suggested the new BPV as they couldn't see any problems(they have been very good at
trying to correct this so I'm not concerned about getting the new BPV). When I went home
that day and replaced the BPV I noticed a vacuum line had just ripped apart. I had to wait a
week to get the dealer part in and just replaced it this past Monday. Went to ND to get them
to reset the check engine light and when they did they saw that I had the multiple misfires
on all cylinders. Since I was running without boost(being very gentle for that week of
waiting) and had the leak I was thinking that maybe that was causing my problems with
misfire and possibly that I may have had a rip or leak in that vacuum line all along. Sorry for
the long post but I would really like to get to the bottom of this problem and I really
appreciate all of the responses. This is my wifes car so I don't drive it on a daily basis and
usually only get it when there is a problem.
Mike
Old 02-07-2003, 10:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 89 Likes on 51 Posts
Default If the replacement was done by the dealership...

...then it should have a 1-yr warranty attached (that part only). Could be less than 1-yr, I don't know, the point is it should have <b>some</b> type of warranty, assuming they did they work. Good luck

Andy