A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Hard driving....and more ooomph.

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-1999, 07:05 PM
Damian

Default Hard driving....and more ooomph.

Hey folks....<br>I've got a 98 A4 1.8Tq and drive it about as hard as anyone else would, I guess? But, my question is that sometimes in the mornings (when I'm running a little bit late for work) I have to step on it a little extra. I've got about a 24 mile commute between a windy 2 laner and a major interstate, and have made the trip in under 15 minutes (which, trust me, is FLYING). My concern, is that I basically get there like a bat out of hell and then have to shut my car off, until starting it up for the ride home 9 hours later. I recently read something about "cooling off periods" for A4 turbos, and was wondering if my occasional white knuckler's are screwing up my car without my knowing it. Anyone have any input on this? I baby the hell of it, but hey, it's a quattro turbo...we've got to have some fun, right? I just don't want to mess her up...<br>Thanks in advance for any input.<br>Also, what are good modifications to make now, to give it some more oomph, without making me have to file for bankruptcy? Thanks guys, take care.<br>Damian<br>