A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Helllllllpppppppp Meeeeeeee

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2000, 03:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Helllllllpppppppp Meeeeeeee

I can't seem to convince my dealer to hold my order to get the 2001.5 sport package wheels. I placed my order on October 20th, and am scheduled to receive it on January 27. He said the only option is to get factory credit for half the value of the sport package wheels and pay $1100 for the net retail value of the 2001.5 sport package after my credit. What should I do now? Are the 16-inch Sport Wheels nice? I've seen pictures only. I need some assurance. Heeelllllp. Thanks. I bought my car from Paul Miller in Parsippany, NJ.
Old 11-28-2000, 03:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default you mean the 16" stock sports that are on 2000's +? Those are the ones you have to get?...

because you cant get the 2001.5 wheels? I love the stock sport 16's...i think they look real nice for a stock wheel, just dont slam them into a curb going 60mph, then tend to crack mine did anyway...
Old 11-28-2000, 03:57 PM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

Default If the car is scheduled to be delivered by Jan 27...

then I would think the car would probably be built on or after Dec 6, and that it might have the newer sport package wheels on it.

Every week the dealer gets an update on the status of every vehicle they have on order. First ask you salesman if you vehicle has even been slated to begin production yet. If not, you may be in luck (it's awfully close). If it is already in production, as them to place another order for your car. They should have no problems selling your existing order to someone else. If you re-order, you may benefit from the "celebration" packages that people were talking about today. Basically it seems that Audi has lumped the sunroof/sport/quattro (or some combination therein) into one package and reduced the price. You may be able to save some money here! ...but then negotiating a lower price with your dealer may get sticky (next to impossible). It might be worthwhile to try to get your deposit back and order from another dealer.

Hmmmm, I guess I've just complicated matters for you. Still, these are good problems to have! Good luck!
Old 11-28-2000, 04:03 PM

Default I did not order my car with a sunroof.......

So my dealer tells me that if I cancel my order, I will not be able to get my deposit back since the car does not have a sunroof. I got the Bose, Auto, Xenon, Quattro, and Sport Package on a 01 1.8T Silver with Onyx Leatherette. What should I tell him?
Old 11-28-2000, 04:22 PM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

Well, that only leaves the question...is the car being built yet or not?
Old 11-28-2000, 04:26 PM

Default Re: Well, that only leaves the question...is the car being built yet or not?

They don't have a VIN # yet. What could that mean? He said yesterday that the VIN #'s that came in this week did not have my car's VIN #.
Old 11-28-2000, 05:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default screw that...

u should be able to get your deposit back, unless you signed something that said you wouldn't be able to. in any case, the new sport rims you are talking about aren't offered until the 2001.5 model year. i'm assuming you are getting a 2001, since it's coming in the beginning of the 2001 year. So it wouldn't even be available anyway. from what i've heard, they're 17 inch 9 spoke rims. the ones that you *should* be getting on your car are 16 inch 10 spoke rims, found EVERYWHERE on this forum. just do a search and you'll see what they look like. hth.
Old 11-28-2000, 05:51 PM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

Default Someone posted that all cars built after 12/6 will have the new rims...

The VIN number you refer to is only available AFTER the car has been built...what you want to know is did it BEGIN production yet? Somehow, your dealers reluctance to tell you anything until a VIN number is assigned leads to me believe they don't WANT to be very helpful. They DO have more information available to them, you just have to coax them to take a little time to find out for you.

I do agree with Chard though. If they are uncooperative, ask for you deposit back on that basis. They can sell the car to someone else, it's not that difficult. They just want to discourage you from taking your business elsewhere (and sadly, at the same time, that's exactly what they are *encouraging* you to do).
Old 11-28-2000, 08:06 PM

Default Deposit...my experience

I had the same problemw with the dealer where I ordered my A4. Only after 1 week, I wanted to add Xenon and they wouldn't do it. So in the end, I called them and they wouldn't give me the status of the car and didn't even want to discuss with me other options I have except sell me a car which is a few thousand more.

When I asked them for a refund, the GM even used the f work in front of me.

I just took my business else where and have Consumer Affairs, a state agency, take care of it. And I also called Audi USA and reported the incident.

James