A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Help! - AoA won't fix my faulty front suspension!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-1999, 06:30 PM
skimants

Default Re: faulty front suspension - what was repaired?

HoonY,<br>What is the repair. I have some noise which could be like your problem. I notified service tech and they applied some lubricant. Noise was less...but still occasional.<br>I started a paper trail and plan to follow up with more aggressive action as your experience indicates that the manufacturer and dealer seem less inclined to make you satisfied. I'm feel for your problem, maybe you can consider small claims court if you have sufficient documentation to demonstrate negligence. Plus once the dealer gets served and AoA maybe they will quickly see the error of their business. I'd use that as last resort as it tends to antogonize and **** everyone off.<br>Good luck<p>
Old 02-09-1999, 07:05 PM
KurtW

Default A logical response. . . .(longish, but required reading for those without buisiness/cost experience)

There is a reason for their adherance to the limits of the warranty - they WILL cover during what is a reasonable length of time. The warranty period IS a function of any company's bottom line, as previously suggested, and even Audi would be nuts to leave coverage open without setting a limit.<p>Let's turn it around - If this had happened with the three months left on the warranty, or worse, the engine had blown SO CLOSE to the end of the warranty period, would you have offered to cover half of the cost? How about, if after 2 years, 11 months, and 25 days of being covered and taken care of, the same thing had happened. Would you offer to cover half, or even any of the cost? <p>Any company covers its warrantees by what it estimates its costs may be, just like your insurance company, who you probably don't expect to cover you 3 mo. out of policy. <br>If they offered to cover half of a problem that wasn't brought to their attention during the warranty period, you should jump at the opportunity and be gratefull. Next time, whether you buy Audi or ?, consider an extended warr. And remember why that Ext. Warr. costs something extra.<p>Good Luck, hope this helps you understand where they are coming from.
Old 02-09-1999, 09:07 PM

Default Re: Help! - AoA won't fix my faulty front suspension!!! (long)

In my opinion, Audi and the dealer should have split 100 percent of your friend's repairs if the symptoms were noted prior to the expiration of the warranty.<p>Has your friend signed a release. If not, small claims court may still be viable option. They may settle to avoid costs of litigation and the probability of losing.
Old 02-10-1999, 12:38 AM
markC

Default Re: Help! - AoA won't fix my faulty front suspension!!!

my familiy in Italy tells me that the European cars come with a 12 month/unlimited km warranty...So putting 72K km over 3+ years and having a new problem arise, then getting the manufacturer to offer to pay 1/2 seems to be a reasonable effort a customer service, no?
Old 02-10-1999, 05:01 AM
Christian j. Long

The 10yr/100K is only for engine...i dont think this suspension would be covered
Old 02-10-1999, 09:15 AM
Jim Murphy

Default True (more)...

Yes, I also believe as you do as does (did) my friend. He only did this because he just didn't want to go through the hassles of arguing on the phone or worse still, going to court. It is amaing how many people I run into who just take an "oh well" sort of attitude and don't stand up for their rights. I have told him he was a jellyfish for caving in I guess he just has one of those attitudes (to him 33% charge is better than 100% charge).